Vodafone Picture Messaging

IndianaBlues

Hi,

Got a text from Voda on 11th August saying that as of 1st September any picture messages would not be taken from text bundles (in the past one picture message = 4 texts).

There was a website link in the text for "further information", however having gone to the link there's nothing about this whatsoever! I tend to use my text bundle to send quite a lot of pictures, does anyone have any actual further information about how I'll be charged from now on?

Many thanks,

Nic

ma1234

Novice Member
MMS will not be included as part of their 'Extras Packs' from Sept. 1st.

36p per message after then, although I would assume they will release some bundles makng MMS messages cheaper.

IndianaBlues

Does anyone know if this would this qualify as a change to the contract under which I'd be able to termainate it without penalties?

I do use MMS regularly, and therefore would be adversely affected by the change, but the main reason is that my phone is pretty much on its last legs (the last time I do an 18-month contract!) and changing to the same network as the wife would probably be beneficial (especially since both bills go out my account!!!)...otherwise I'll have to wait until November.

ma1234

Novice Member
Nope, they have that one covered.
"the clause doesn't apply as they haven't actually changed the price of anything, MMS still cost the same, the value of the bundle is still the same, only what you can use it for has changed and the T&Cs do say they can change the contents of bundles."

IndianaBlues

Hmmm oh well then (seems strange, I was in a Vodafone shop this morning and the brochures are still saying a bundle = x sms or x/4 mms...hope they're explaining to new customers this won't be the case for long! :lesson:

Might go to Phones4u, not the best of companies in terms of deals but they will buy out remaining contracts, since my phone is fading fast that might save me hassle in the long run!