Vodafone Mobile Broadband Instillation (Rollback) Problem

Jimbob7

Standard Member
Hello everyone

I am hoping someone may be able to help with this. I am trying to get Vodafone mobile broadband working for a friend on her laptop, but no matter what I try I can't seem to get it working.

The laptop is a Lenovo running Win XP SP3.

The Vodafone dongle is a K3570-Z

It seems to be a problem with installing the software and I have already tried downloading the latest version with the same results.

What happens is that the software seems to install correctly until it is 99% complete and then starts rolling back and un-installing itself. The message when it has stoped reads:

“The wizard was interrupted before Vodaphone Mobile Broadband could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

Obviously I have tried multiple times and looked at the vodafone website. I’ve found a few instances of a similar error but nothing to resolve it that works.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful to hear them!

Thanks!

apul

If you've still had no luck with that software there are other non branded ones out there. Sorry I don't have any links. The problem with the nonbranded ones are the lack of 'dashboard' functions such as showing how much credit you have left.

priyasharma

Novice Member
I faced the same problem before a day on my Windows XP laptop. I un-installed the PC-Suite software, and problem got resolved. The issue is the conflict between two Internet Provider's softwares. Please try uninstalling any such softwares on your laptop/PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom