Vodafone - Handset only?

Stu8866

Standard Member
Hey

Im 6 months into my latest Voda contract, I have a Nokia N97 but sick of it and want to upgrade to an iPhone.

I've phoned Voda twice; one guy said they sell the handsets seperately, the other guy said they don't and I should buy one from ebay ha.

Whats my options here (I'm willing to spend 3 or 400 quid on a 3gs) - Cani buy one from Vodafone or not! If not, where's the best place to buy a handset which my Vodafone sim will work in - I can't seem to find many places selling them...

Thanks!

deek88

Standard Member
Vodafone are only doing contracts with their iphones just now. Theres no word on when the PAYG iphone will be available. I bought a locked o2 one on ebay and ended up getting unlocked from o2. I now have my vodafone sim in it and it works great :)

theres more info on this in the unlocked iphone topic on the main iphone bitty if u need any info on unlocking etc.

EDIT: Just to add, i think you can actually buy a vodafone iphone from apple store?...not 100% sure though. Im sure someone will be able to confirm or deny.

Last edited:

Stu8866

Standard Member
OK thanks! I might just have to look on eBay for one them.

The Vodafone guy mentioned that I would have to upgrade my tariff to an iPhone one for everything to work - did you have to do this?

S

deek88

Standard Member
OK thanks! I might just have to look on eBay for one them.

The Vodafone guy mentioned that I would have to upgrade my tariff to an iPhone one for everything to work - did you have to do this?

S

No i didnt upgrade to the iphone tariff. If you already have internet on your contract (which is usually 500mb) you will not need to upgrade or that. Go to the vodafone forum and under apple iphone there is a few topics on the iphone tariffs and people in a similar situation to you.

The iphone tariff allows 1gb of internet and wifi but thats it so like i say if u already have the internet then theres not really much point in upgrading. 500mb is plenty.

Stu8866

Standard Member
OK cool, yeh I've got the Internet Data as part of my contract anyway so should be fine.

Just checked Apple - only o2 and orange PayG as of yet, thanks thou.

S

V5-APS

I bought a locked o2 one on ebay and ended up getting unlocked from o2. I now have my vodafone sim in it and it works great :)
What/How did you get it unlocked by O2...did you use an O2 sim, if so was it a new sim or one that had been in use for a while ?

Thanks

deek88

Standard Member
What/How did you get it unlocked by O2...did you use an O2 sim, if so was it a new sim or one that had been in use for a while ?

Thanks

Yeah i put my experience in the unlocked thread on here...basically got a free sim from o2, topped up £15, used the internet and sent 1 or 2 texts just because i had free txts and internet. I did not phone anyone at all. Bought the sim around the 29th December, filled out the form on o2 on the 29th. Waited 14 days and there was still noting so phoned o2, who 'escalated my case' and 2 days later i got the txt to say my phone was unlocked. The £15 wasn't taken though :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom