Vodafone gx30.

N

nokiaman

Sharp recently submitted an application for approval by the FCC for the GX-30, its latest GSM handset. Not only does it feature an upgrade to the GX-20's amazing 65K color screen – this time it's 262K colors – but it also features an SD slot for storing photos, videos, and music files. Did I mention it has Bluetooth? And a 1 megapixel camera? It looks like we are finally getting phones that will, in some ways, compete with the latest Japanese offerings.

The GX-30 also features 40 voice polyphonics, a 7 color light which can be used as a camera flash or torch (already seen in the GX-20), along with the ability to record short video clips. A generous 8MB of memory is included for multimedia storage and Java games. Finally, we can confirm that the GX-30 has received approval from the Bluetooth SIG for Headset and Serial Port support.

It looks like Sharp has really listened to what its users wanted – I’ve heard many a prospective GX-20 buyer complain "if only it had Bluetooth"! Sharp will be offering the GX-30 through the Vodafone network, as it has done with the GX-10 and GX-20. No official release date has been confirmed.

Specifications for the Sharp GX-30
Band Quadband GSM (850/900/1800/1900Mhz)
Data GPRS Class 10
Size 95mm x 49mm x 26mm
Weight 100g
Battery Life ? hours standby time
? hours talk time
Main Display 262k color TFT with CGS, 240x320 resolution
Sub-Display 64K CSTN, 64x96 pixels
Camera 1 Megapixel camera (858x1144 pixels) with flash
Video recording with sound
Text Messaging MMS/SMS
Email Yes
Browser WAP
SyncML Yes
Bluetooth yes
Infrared Yes
Java Yes
Polyphonics Yes (16 voices)
Radio No
Memory 8MB - user expandable with SD/MMC card
Other MP3 player, 7 light flash/torch

Attachments

• gx30_narrow.jpg
    gx30_narrow.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 106
N

nokiaman

gx30 open. sorry about the pic i do have a full one but i can only post pics 500 x 500 and this pic is 700 in height.

Attachments

• gx30_open (3).jpg
    gx30_open (3).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 102
N

nokiaman

I only wish it would come to a proper network like orange but it's a vodafone exclusive and signature phone.

It's an old phone anyway but it's new to GSM and anyone outside Japan.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom