1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vodafone gx30.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by nokiaman, Feb 6, 2004.

1. nokiaman

nokiaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sharp recently submitted an application for approval by the FCC for the GX-30, its latest GSM handset. Not only does it feature an upgrade to the GX-20's amazing 65K color screen – this time it's 262K colors – but it also features an SD slot for storing photos, videos, and music files. Did I mention it has Bluetooth? And a 1 megapixel camera? It looks like we are finally getting phones that will, in some ways, compete with the latest Japanese offerings.

The GX-30 also features 40 voice polyphonics, a 7 color light which can be used as a camera flash or torch (already seen in the GX-20), along with the ability to record short video clips. A generous 8MB of memory is included for multimedia storage and Java games. Finally, we can confirm that the GX-30 has received approval from the Bluetooth SIG for Headset and Serial Port support.

It looks like Sharp has really listened to what its users wanted – I’ve heard many a prospective GX-20 buyer complain "if only it had Bluetooth"! Sharp will be offering the GX-30 through the Vodafone network, as it has done with the GX-10 and GX-20. No official release date has been confirmed.

Specifications for the Sharp GX-30
    Band Quadband GSM (850/900/1800/1900Mhz)
    Data GPRS Class 10
    Size 95mm x 49mm x 26mm
    Weight 100g
    Battery Life ? hours standby time
    ? hours talk time
    Main Display 262k color TFT with CGS, 240x320 resolution
    Sub-Display 64K CSTN, 64x96 pixels
    Camera 1 Megapixel camera (858x1144 pixels) with flash
    Video recording with sound
    Text Messaging MMS/SMS
    Email Yes
    Browser WAP
    SyncML Yes
    Bluetooth yes
    Infrared Yes
    Java Yes
    Polyphonics Yes (16 voices)
    Radio No
    Memory 8MB - user expandable with SD/MMC card
    Other MP3 player, 7 light flash/torch

Attached Files:

2. nokiaman

nokiaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gx30 open. sorry about the pic i do have a full one but i can only post pics 500 x 500 and this pic is 700 in height.

Attached Files:

3. astra46

astra46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any chance of the phone coming to Orange??

4. nokiaman

nokiaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I only wish it would come to a proper network like orange but it's a vodafone exclusive and signature phone.

It's an old phone anyway but it's new to GSM and anyone outside Japan.