Vodafone Data Plan

stevos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I brought my n95-2 back in november last year and at the time the unlimited internet equalled 120mb (don't think they understand the definition of unlimited).

Anyway, just got a text saying it is now unlimited subject to fair useage.

Anyone found any links for further info on this. I am hoping fair usage is around 2gb but won't be surprised if it was 121mb.

Hi,
I think the data package is 3 or 5 GB (5GB being the cap).
The 'fair usage policy' is designed to stop everybody clogging up the network by leaving their phone on download all day for example. I guess it makes people think a bit about the amount they download/browse. You would be doing well to hit the 3gig mark on a mobile though :)

It is acutally only 500mg

Vodafone have a forum on their website, it has been discussed a lot over there.

Hope this helps.

That wasn't meant to be sarcastic by the way... just no surprise that the information here is wrong :thumbsup:

It's 'unlimited' with a fair usage policy at 500MB. The beauty of this though is it includes use as a modem, which other networks don't allow as part of the basic data package (TBag for instance make you pay for their top data bundle service to use the mobile as a modem).

You'll automatically be moved from 120MB to 500MB if you're paying for the addon bundle.

And all tariffs over £25/m come with the same data as part of the package for free. But you can't move onto one of those tariffs without adding 6 months onto your contract, unless your contract is up for renewal anyway.

It's what Voda should have done in the first place, IMO :)

mikim - I think you're referring to the data card bundles for business users :)

So unlimited (defined as without limit) has a very small limit.

I was hoping for 1gb as i could live with that for reading websites etc on the train (maybe even a bit of World of Warcaft) but 500mb is just pants.

It's 'unlimited' with a fair usage policy at 500MB. The beauty of this though is it includes use as a modem, which other networks don't allow as part of the basic data package (TBag for instance make you pay for their top data bundle service to use the mobile as a modem).

You'll automatically be moved from 120MB to 500MB if you're paying for the addon bundle.

And all tariffs over £25/m come with the same data as part of the package for free. But you can't move onto one of those tariffs without adding 6 months onto your contract, unless your contract is up for renewal anyway.

It's what Voda should have done in the first place, IMO :)

mikim - I think you're referring to the data card bundles for business users :)

Is this the same with business anytime tariffs?

Is this the same with business anytime tariffs?

Business tariffs vary much more than personal ones, so best bet is to call your account manager or Voda CS. The above information is based on personal tariffs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom