Vodafone Broadband

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by highpriest, Apr 24, 2016.

1. highpriest

highpriest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Any Vodafone Broadband customers here? They are offering a 80/20 package for just £10 a month for the first 12 months (on an 18 month contract, existing Vodafone customers).

I'm currently an Infinity 2 customer so this is quite a bit cheaper. Do they apply aggressive traffic shaping policies? How is the customer service? TIA.

2. highpriest

highpriest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
  3. Tides2002

Tides2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    We have have VF connect since the beginning of last September, overall happy with it. We pay for the "up to" 17Mb connection that I assumed would be ADSL but is in fact VDSL capped to 20Mb by the router.

As a result the router is very locked down in terms of settings and if you don't like it you can't use a 3rd party unit as no log in details are available. Presumably this has been done to stop customers like us using a 3rd party router to defeat the cap.

Other settings such as being able to use another DNS service aren't available and the router interface seems to be a bit of a dogs dinner with it being spread across the mobile app and the web interface almost randomly.

But over all I don't regret moving over, just slightly irritated by the router's interface.

4. highpriest

highpriest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    That's a shame. I would almost certainly want the ability to use a different router and access point.

Are you aware of any traffic shaping policies applied on the line? Do they block any protocols?

5. highpriest

highpriest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    OK, so been reading through Vodafone forums and there's a lot of rage directed against their router, which you must use if you want to access the internet. They don't allow any third party routers, DNS settings are locked down, you can't turn the modem into a transparent bridge, and you can't turn off DHCP. In addition, it looks like the current version of firmware stops a lot of home sharing protocols from working correctly.

From reading their terms and conditions, it looks like they monitor your browsing history as well. I'm not going anywhere near this thing.

Thanks for replying to this thread.

6. Ashish

Ashish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for the info, was just looking at their services.!! will stay away as like to use my own router.