1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vodafone, 3G An up grade and the start of a saga!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by GalacticaActual, Feb 1, 2005.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    So, I fanced upgradeing my hand set with vodafone the other day.I wanted a samsung d500, but they were out of stock. "Get a sony erriccson V800 instead" the assistant on the phone said "it will do every thing that you want and be able to take advantage of the 3G serivce we provide" Now at this point I should have asked what the coverage was like in my area for 3G. I have very good coverage on standard vodafone so I was not worried, after all it was only a case of swoping the sim card over to the new phone, it was not as if I was changing net works.
    The new phone arrived. Very impressed on first impressions. I put the simcard in, charged it up, started to use it at work and noticed the the reception was not good at all. The phone would have its little 3g logo come up indicating that I could use that service but the signal would be only one bar on the phone. Then it would go to full bar on the signal but have no 3g coverage. It was as if the phone could not make up its mind what to do.
    I got back on the phone to Vodafone, a number of times. I was told that it is because 3G is a different net work fom vodafone and the coverage was not very good at the moment. I was also told that that was not true and it was the hand set that was faulty.
    Anyway to cut a long story short, I am getting a replacement handset to day . If this has the same problem I will be back on the phone to them and may consider cancellation of my new contract. I will let you all know what happens.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Well, got a replacment v800 and it still ahs the same reception problems.
    I got back on the phone with Vodafone and they will be replacing the v800 , refunding the money for it(hopefully with out having to chase them up in a weeks time) putting me on a cheaper tariff, and givving me a sharp gx30i instead. which id 2 models up from the one I have at the moment.
    With any luck I will have it all sorted by tommorrow.