VLC versus MPC through my VT50, very different pictures

Spannerhead

Standard Member
I have a new Panasonic VT50 which I'm trying to set up to look right.

I've tried it in both THX and Prof 1 with setting suggested in the thread. When playing for Freesat HD the picture looks perfect, but when I play .mkv files through my HTPC I notice a bit of a green tint on faces. I have improved this a bit with the Prof 1 settings.

I wondered if it was caused by media player so I did a side by side test with VLC and MPC on the same frame from an HD Game of Thrones file. I was really amazed by the difference between them, VLC was darker and a bit more washed out, MPC was brighter and had more red/green.

Has anybody else found this and have any suggestions? Presumably I'm better to stick to one player and try to set it up so it looks right?

The other problem I have is when switching on my amp between PVR input and the HTPC. When I switch to HTPC the screen image is completely broken up and I have to restart the HTPC everytime I switch between that and the PVR, very frustrating.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom