• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Question VIZIO Soundbar M21d H8R Issues

Kcburk

Novice Member
I just bought a vizio sound bar to go with my Vizio M558 tv. It works fairly well but not as seamlessly as I'd expect for both to be the same brand. The Soundbar does not work well with the tv remote. Whenever I click mute on the tv remote the Soundbar mutes but the indicator on the tv shows as tho the audio is on and vice versa.

Finally when i am watching via smartcast ( the built in Chromecast function) when I try to change the volume up or down it moves the volume in wide swings instead of incrementally. Also, mute doesn't mute the Soundbar but the indicator on the tv says it muted.

It just seems like there are bugs that shouldn't exist for devices from the same manufacturer. I'm connected via HDMI ARC, if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

vle2020

Novice Member
I just bought a vizio sound bar to go with my Vizio M558 tv. It works fairly well but not as seamlessly as I'd expect for both to be the same brand. The Soundbar does not work well with the tv remote. Whenever I click mute on the tv remote the Soundbar mutes but the indicator on the tv shows as tho the audio is on and vice versa.

Finally when i am watching via smartcast ( the built in Chromecast function) when I try to change the volume up or down it moves the volume in wide swings instead of incrementally. Also, mute doesn't mute the Soundbar but the indicator on the tv says it muted.

It just seems like there are bugs that shouldn't exist for devices from the same manufacturer. I'm connected via HDMI ARC, if that helps.
My sound bar is a different brand (sonos) but in searching for a solution to another problem I discovered that there can be conflicts between your external speaker and the internal tv speakers. You might try turning off your internal speakers and see if that solves the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom