Vizio Sound Problem

joe6620

Novice Member
I have a 40"Vizio Smart TV V-Series which has an unusual problem. On many occassions, I can turn on the TV to watch local (antenna) stations and discover that there is no sound from any of them. Yet, I can switch inputs to Smartcast, WatchFree+ or Firestick and sound is normal. Go back to antenna and still no sound, yet on all other TVs in the house (all connected to the same antenna) have sound on local channels. Turn off power on the Vizio and wait 10 seconds and turn back on - sound okay. I contacted Vizio and they recently sent out a Tech and he replaced a board in the TV which had the Tuner on it. Turned on the next day, same problem plus now when the audio when set on Local Input(Antenna), my sound level has to be set at 40 to hear comfortably. If I change to WatchFree+ or Smartcast I have to turn down the audio but then when I go back to Local TV, I have to increase it considerably. The setting are set to keep volume level but doesn't. I have a similar TV but LG and the audio settings are about the same and I don't have this issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom