Vizio SB36512-F6 Soundbar Review & Comments

I thought you might have waited for my JBL review: it's more expensive but has a bigger soundstage, 5.1.4 channels, DTS:X, eARC and rechargeable wireless rears.
The JBL does look really good. But it's ultimately about pricing. At £600 it's more of an impulse purchase to get into atmos which I've never had before. Once things get to over a thousand then it's problematic with the wife! I got it from amazon so if it doesn't impress, easy returns.

Hi BrightonChris,
Look foward to your post on how it sounds and works.
Will be interesting what you make of the atmos performance.

Gordon
Will do. I haven’t had atmos before so I don’t really have anything to compare it against. Steve has me second gueasing the decision now though. That JBL does look good. Amazon don’t stock it though, and I would like easy returns should I need it.

Will do. I haven’t had atmos before so I don’t really have anything to compare it against. Steve has me second gueasing the decision now though. That JBL does look good. Amazon don’t stock it though, and I would like easy returns should I need it.

I bought directly from JBL and they have a 30 day returns policy, not that I needed to return it as I'm a very happy customer.

I bought directly from JBL and they have a 30 day returns policy, not that I needed to return it as I'm a very happy customer.
Not helping! I shouldn’t really have splashed out on the Vizio, so adding another £500 to that is a bit much for me. If I really do fancy it I can always send it back and go for the JBL. There doesn‘t seem like there’s much love for the Samsung Q90R in the comments. Why did you go for the JBL over that I’d you don’t mind me asking?

Not helping! I shouldn’t really have splashed out on the Vizio, so adding another £500 to that is a bit much for me. If I really do fancy it I can always send it back and go for the JBL. There doesn‘t seem like there’s much love for the Samsung Q90R in the comments. Why did you go for the JBL over that I’d you don’t mind me asking?

£1000 would've been too much for me but someone on here gave me a 20% off code making it £800 which I still couldn't stomach, but did it anyway! 😁

The Samsung would've then been quite a bit more expensive.

Someone on the JBL thread manage to get the 9.1 and a crappy 32" TV from Currys for £760 or so due to a promotion they were running!

£1000 would've been too much for me but someone on here gave me a 20% off code making it £800 which I still couldn't stomach, but did it anyway! 😁

The Samsung would've then been quite a bit more expensive.

Someone on the JBL thread manage to get the 9.1 and a crappy 32" TV from Currys for £760 or so due to a promotion they were running!
Crikey. At £800 I would probably bite. I did a quick look earlier and it was coming up £1100. I’ll look around some more.

Crikey. At £800 I would probably bite. I did a quick look earlier and it was coming up £1100. I’ll look around some more.

The promotion was something like 30% off any soundbar when bought with a TV. Not sure if it's still active, but here's the bar:

I bloody hate this site sometimes. I’ve cancelled the Vizio and going to take a chance with the JBL. I hope your review justifies it @Steve Withers ! I hope you’re both happy with yourselves! :clap:

:mad: Curry’s only have it for collection and I can’t find a single store to collect it from. It’s basically out of stock as far as I can tell. They still have the 30% off with a TV. Gutted, as I could do with a new tv for the bedroom.

So what are you going to do!?

I think I’ll wait. The deal is really good and is valid until next year. Hopefully as more shops start to open availability will be better. Gutted as I was looking at some sort of atmos setup for monday. But the smart decision is to hang on I think.

I think I’ll wait. The deal is really good and is valid until next year. Hopefully as more shops start to open availability will be better. Gutted as I was looking at some sort of atmos setup for monday. But the smart decision is to hang on I think.
So let me get this right I can buy any tv and get 30% off the JBL? @SmAShY put me on to this earlier but I couldn't find it in the Curry's site. Do you think it will work well with the DX902 @BrightonChris ?
I have almost pulled the trigger on a Sonos arc as I have a 30% off voucher. My head hurts thinking about soundbars!

So let me get this right I can buy any tv and get 30% off the JBL? @SmAShY put me on to this earlier but I couldn't find it in the Curry's site. Do you think it will work well with the DX902 @BrightonChris ?
I have almost pulled the trigger on a Sonos arc as I have a 30% off voucher. My head hurts thinking about soundbars!
I was going to put it with my LGC8. Can the DX push atmos through ARC? With regards to the deal it seems like if you buy a TV for about £300 it'll be effectively free. But I couldn't get through to apply the code as you have to select a store to collect from first. And there isn't a single store that you can collect from as far as I can tell.

I was going to put it with my LGC8. Can the DX push atmos through ARC? With regards to the deal it seems like if you buy a TV for about £300 it'll be effectively free. But I couldn't get through to apply the code as you have to select a store to collect from first. And there isn't a single store that you can collect from as far as I can tell.
Sorry didn't know you had moved on from the DX. I see you have kept your promise to not buy panny again. I doubt DX does push Atmos but I'm pretty clueless at this stuff:(.Im in between as really need soundbar for the second tv the Sony XF but would prefer to upgrade the soundbar with the DX which is our main viewing tv and put the Sammy soundbar with the XF but not sure what to do.

Sorry didn't know you had moved on from the DX. I see you have kept your promise to not buy panny again. I doubt DX does push Atmos but I'm pretty clueless at this stuff:(.Im in between as really need soundbar for the second tv the Sony XF but would prefer to upgrade the soundbar with the DX which is our main viewing tv and put the Sammy soundbar with the XF but not sure what to do.
I've still got the DX, so I'll put my current soundbar, yamaha ysp-2500, with that. If you have an atmos compatible set top box, you could put that straight into the soundbar. An AppleTV or console would work and enable you to get atmos with the DX.

You can indeed! Check the Currys page for the product and scroll down, it mentions the code there. Not sure about stock at the moment though.

I've still got the DX, so I'll put my current soundbar, yamaha ysp-2500, with that. If you have an atmos compatible set top box, you could put that straight into the soundbar. An AppleTV or console would work and enable you to get atmos with the DX.
I have sky Q so that does do Atmos. So I should be ok?

No lip sync issues?

None. This might be too big a generalisation, but you don't typically encounter lip sync issues when plugging directly into soundbars. It tends to come about using ARC, for example, the Sky Q box plugged into the TV and the TV connected to the soundbar via ARC.

None. This might be too big a generalisation, but you don't typically encounter lip sync issues when plugging directly into soundbars. It tends to come about using ARC, for example, the Sky Q box plugged into the TV and the TV connected to the soundbar via ARC.
Think this might be the way to go as I don't have earc on the TV's. Gonna wait now until we get the review of the JBL now.

I‘m very keen to see the JBL review. I‘ve seen a couple of others but I need the Withers stamp of approval.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom