vizio e601i-a3e Blue glow around moving dark objects

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Theonerayman, Feb 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Theonerayman

Theonerayman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im new to AV forums but i've been reading this place forever, but finally I need some help with an issue. I bought a vizio e601i-a3e 60inch LED TV and so far im really loving it except for one thing. Say there is a dark scene in a movie/videogame, if a object in the scene moves (panning does not seem to cause this) there will be a blue glow around the object until it stops moving. I had a 42" tv before this (for 4 years) and never really remember seeing it. But with a new TV of course im looking for everything and I noticed this blue glow. Is this common and im just now noticing it?

2. A.I.

A.I.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Sounds like a possible slower response time on this particular panel. This means that due to a slight lag in the blacks you sometimes can catch a glimpse of the 'glow'. This can display as a blue or red glow around the edges/ hairlines of faster moving objects in dark scenes.

But - I'm only a novice and someone with more knowledge will come along to keep us both right.

Bottom line is I don't think you can't do anything about it apart from upgrading your panel - or accept it.

BTW- Welcome to the best AV Forum on the planet :)

3. Theonerayman

Theonerayman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, well I was thinking it could be response time too...but I dont see it anywhere else. Black on white there isnt any trail of of the black. The TV also has a 4ms response time. So im wondering if maybe there is an issue with my actual TV.