Quantcast

Vivitek HK2288 4K DLP Projector Review & Comments

dman_15

The only price I can find is over 2k?
Thats Epson TW-7400 money and there is no way this will hold a candle to that projector.

The benq 1700 and tk800 and viewsonic px747 are all less than £1k now and come with a set of calibration controls, is this using a different Ti chip to warrant looking at?

Mallardo

If I was in the market for a new projector around this budget I wouldn't bother with any of these Faux K, supposedly HDR models. I would go for something like a Sony HW45ES. "Only" 1080p but overall a far superior picture for the money.

There is hardly and 4K steaming content anyway, and UHD's cost a small fortune.

Last edited:

jakimp

there is a lot of HDR streaming content on Netflix and amazon prime and both give better than decent PQ at a very low price point in my opinion

Mallardo

there is a lot of HDR streaming content on Netflix and amazon prime and both give better than decent PQ at a very low price point in my opinion
But projectors in general and certainly at this price point can't do HDR, so it is just a meaningless spec to try and sell the product. As for 4K, most streamed HD content looks considerably worse that Blu ray due to compression so I don't see how 4K would be any different.

Projectors are very different beasts from TVs, it's not all about resolution. You could spend 25K on a Sim2 1080p projector. That tells you all you need to know really.

Pecker

Distinguished Member
I'm incredulous at some of the responses to this product at this price, and implicitly at Phil's review.

A 4K DLP for just over a grand, which doesn't do too badly nearer black?

That's not just good, it's close to witchcraft!

By the way, the continued sniping at 'faux 4k' really is ridiculous. It's true 4k as it appears on the screen in front of your eyes. How it gets there is pretty irrelevant.

cybergools

Pecker

Distinguished Member
Apparently not :

Is DLP's 4K Really 4K?

...although the difference in real world situations appears to be a small one.
And yet that doesn't say it's not real 4K. The DLP definitely appears to display all of the 4K individual pixels, as output by the source.

It's just that, in doing so, it appears to create artefacts which- as you note - are probably not visible in most normal circumstances.

Gilbers

And yet that doesn't say it's not real 4K. The DLP definitely appears to display all of the 4K individual pixels, as output by the source.

It's just that, in doing so, it appears to create artefacts which- as you note - are probably not visible in most normal circumstances.
Artifacts, by definition, are things which were not in the original 4K image, so it's not true to say that it's displaying all of the 4K pixels correctly. How much difference that makes in practice is open to debate though.

DannyBoy1

Sorry Pecker but watching that night battle in game of thrones in 1080p has made me realise how rubbish streaming quality can be- it just doesn't count as a 4k source

tausifs

The linked article suggests that the JVC supports 24p native framerate (I assume 23.976).

Does this Vivitek projector support 24p ?

Also does it use an all glass lens ?

Trending threads

Top Bottom