Vivid 200 on SuperHub 2

robdrums2097

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I have just 'negotiated' an upgrade from Vivid 150 to 200 with Virgin Media. Not expecting a life-changing difference, but it's actually decreased my bill from what I was paying before (of course).
I currently have a Superhub 2 used in modem mode connected to an Apple Time Capsule which does my routing and wi-fi. When I did the 'deal' I was told I would be sent a Superhub 3.0 but alas the 'Quick Start' kit turned up today with just my new V6 TV box.

I believe the SH 3.0 has better wi-fi and is needed for Vivid 350, but as it appears to work fine the way I use it, would there actually be any benefit (or need) to upgrade the router to get Vivid 200?

I've even read of people saying they would stick with the SH2 - have the initial latency problems been solved now and I would be advised to chase up and insist on the SH3, or will it literally make no difference at all to anything either way?

Cheers

Rob

To follow on from this, I spoke to VM today and they have arranged (without hesitation) to send out a SH3 even though the customer services man said it wasn't necessary for V200 (only 350). So, particularly as I use it only in modem mode, is there any point in changing out the SH2 other than to have a new modem and replace a device that's been on 24/7 for three years? Does anyone still believe you're better with a 2?

I'd be grateful for any opinions or knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom