1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vitros or Plasma??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by gavintennant, Dec 16, 2002.

1. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Sorry if this post should be in plasma TV's!

A few weeks ago I was on here asking if I should buy a Loewe Vitros or Toshiba 32ZD26B, in the end I decided to pay the extra and get the Loewe... Now though I've got this urge to buy a plasma TV, in particular the Panny TH-42PW5B.
    I have 2 questions for you (although there might be more sub questions held within.... :)

1) How does the quality of this plasma compare to the picture on the Vitros? Will the picture be as good as, better than or worse than?
    I know the Vitros can accept progressive through the VGA module, what is the resolution compred to progressive through a plasma TV and can the loewe accept PAL progressive aswell as NTSC? (I only have R2 DVDs at the moment)
    Basically... Will a plasma give me

2) Having just started lookin at plasma, I'm really confused about what I need and how I connect them! (This is the bt that should be in the other forum!)
    Do I really need to buy a tuner for it? Basically I have a PS2, Sky Digibox, VCR and my amp can do video switching if need be. I only ever watch TV from the Sky source. Oh and I am going to be buying a DVD player at the same time and that will have component out (hopefully PAL Progressive compatible aswell but we'll see.. Can the Tosh 520 be hacked for this is is there any approx £300 DVD player that support PAL progressive??

Any help would again be appreciated!!

Thanks
    Gavin