1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vitros or Aconda?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Silva, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Silva

Silva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I was wondering what the differences were between these 2 models apart from Price and Casing.

Also what is the difference between the DMI and DMM modes and do they both have these features?

I am looking at replacing my 36ZP18P with one of these models, I have had enough with 36 inchers and have decided that picture quality is after all the most important factor...

thanks, Jon

2. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    They are basically the same set apart from design features. DMI is used for basic t.v., DMM is for use when watching DVD's ect.

3. Silva

Silva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Thanks for replying
    Do you have either of these sets do you feel they are worth the high price?

Jon

4. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yes I have the Aconda 9381ZW. I bought this set less than 2 months ago. I did a lot of shopping around and investigated other WS televisions before I took the plunge. For me the Loewe sets(I looked at both Vitros + Aconda) clearly produced the best picture of all the sets I was looking at. My main priority was picture quality. Indeed when I first went looking for a WS tv I was looking at a Sony or a Philips I did not know much about the Loewe brand at the time but when I saw the picture quality on the Loewes I had to check them out further. The Loewe cost me £800 more than the other t.v. I had in mind so all in all I think the extra money was well spent. As to the reason I choose the Aconda over the Vitros was purely down to design, I just think the Aconda looks better in my sittingroom. Best of luck with your decision.

5. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to get an Aconda very soon, just out of interest which colour did you go for? I really like the silver but I'd be intersted to know what the bacl looks like because I saw a black Metz TV and it looked really nice, it looked like polished marble.

Also, how much did you pay for it? Cheapest I've seen is Empire Direct.

6. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excuse my typing that was supposed to say ' I'd be interested to know what the BLACK looks like'

7. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Vitros, prefer the look and saved some money...

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,462
    Hi Silva: yes they are worth the price, as I’ve mentioned before in other replies I spent about 2-3 months looking for a fresh TV after my old Philips 32 inch set went down, I was looking for a 36inch, and as above Philips and the Sony was the two short listed, then down to the Sony then luckily I found the B & O was a Loewe, and athough it is smaller than the Sony, the picture quality and colours just knocked me of my feet. Some times I get things and get use to them, but still 8 months on I still look at the picture, and say WOW.

Hi Tracey: Haven’t you got an Aconda yet! Anyway try TV & Video Direct LTD 01204 395999.
    As to the Black the fist time I saw one I thought it was a B & O with the black case and picture quality. I had someone round last week on business and soon as he saw the TV (it was off) he was impressed, and wanted to see it on, mind you he was more impressed when I switched it on.

:cool:Ruby quartz shades.

9. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't got one yet, purely for the fact that I'm still in the process of buying a house and mother isn't too keen on a large widescreen tv in the front room of her house! I may have one by tomorrow though, I'm hopefully getting a cheap black model tonight, fingers crossed, ex display model, can't tell you where though everyone will want one!

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,462
    One thing Tracey It has a inbuilt manual, as demo models some time come without them.
    Anyway best of luck, I hope you get it.
    By the way what do you think of the black sets now?

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all

I am looking to replace my Thomson 32 WS TV in January and want to go to 36". I've read the notorious threads elsewhere regarding the Sony KVFS70 and the Toshiba 36", and found then to be entirely depressing, as these had previously been my two most likely candidates.

Discovered the Loewe brand recently, saw some pics of the 36" Aconda on its curved transparent stand - wow.

Ignoring for now (unless someone can summarise it in simple talk) the "will it accept progressive through Scart" thread, can anyone give me a brief checklist against my requirements? What are the best aspects of the Aconda 36"? For me it's all about picture, as I already have a full 5.1 outboard amp/speakers.

I need facilities to connect (without cable swapping):
    Sky Digibox via RBG
    DVD via RGB (Toshiba 2109 mulitregion)
    PS2 via whatever connection you recommend! (This is arriving via North Pole on the 25th).

Sorry to drone on but it IS a ****load of money after all!

Thanks in advance!:)

12. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well after all the waiting and trying to make my mind up I finally bought an ex display black Loewa Aconda last night for £1450. It's as good as new, not a scratch on it and all I can say is WOW, it looks stunning (much better than the silver one and I had the choice of two), as for the picture, I just can't belive how good it is (although I am using an FMJ DV27 with it), it looked good in the shop but when I plugged it in at home it looks amazing. I'm not normally one to exaggerate but I was gobsmacked, even videos look excellent. As far as I'm concerened the money they charge for some Sony tv's is ridiculous, they don't look half as good as the Aconda. I can't wait to get home tonight and play all my DVD's, I've fianlly got the last piece of my home cinema jigsaw puzzle, and was it all worth the money, every single hard earned interest free credit penny! :)

13. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love the black model, it looks really expensive! My niece walked into the room and said WOW, can I show all my friends, mmm a bunch of 12 year olds with sticky fingers, I think not!

14. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,462
    Nice one Tracey, Wow seem the word to describe them.
    Welcome to the Loewe club. What does your mother think now.
    If it is of any help to you I got one of them setup disc and these are my settings after running it Contrast 45, Colour 39 and Brightness 22. This could be just my set but then again the could all be the same.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

15. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think my mum will be glad when I move into my new house, she thinks it rather large!!! thanks I'll check out my settings tonight I think my contrast is about 45, I left it as they had it set up in the shop.