Vita TV for xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by chattoe, Jan 30, 2014.

1. chattoe

chattoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Do you think that MS would release a vita tv style box for the xbox one and what I mean is using the streaming feature.

So the vita tv for xbox would be upstairs allowing you to stream your game from your xbox one downstairs

2. Det

Det
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,082
    Very doubtful imo.

3. chattoe

chattoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Would be good though Det, I could really do with something like that. £430 is a lot of dough to get another console upstairs.

If only that poxy wireless signal in the controller was stronger

4. amardilo

amardilo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,750
    I don't want an new product (as I don't have a 2nd TV) but I'd be mega happy if they turned the Smart Glass app into something that allowed you to stream games from the Xbox One to the app.

It would be great if I could sit my tablet on my bed side table and grab a controller and play a Xbox One game when I wake up in the morning (when I don't have to go to work).

I do something similar with a PS Vita at the moment and that works really well.

I don't think it's possible on the Xbox One though as the app would need a way to communiate with the controller over WiFi Direct and stream from the console over WiFi. Or the controller would have to stay synced to the console but the range on the controllers is really short.

If I had a 2nd TV a device like this would be great (or giving you the option to turn your old 360 into a streaming device would be even better as it would mean no need to buy need hardware).

5. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,473
    It would absolutely make sense for MS to make it if they could: get their sevices in as many rooms as possible. It's not like they make any money from hardware sales, it services they want to sell.

You've convinced me: it's coming.