Vita screen death (my current Vita experience)

Mantzy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently (two days ago) purchased a Vita, from Sainsbury's on the bundle deal they're doing, and have been enjoying playing LBP, Motorstorm RC and Ecolibrium, and watching YouTube on something other than my phone or PC...until this morning.

What I found when turning on the Vita this morning was a single pixel shining back at me. A happy pixel full of brightness, but alas, it was alone and none of its friends were anywhere to be seen. Following the mild panic that ensued, I tried the numerous reset instructions found online to no avail. I even sacrificed my upcoming phone bill and called Sony, and they said I'd have to send it back to the retailer.

So, I've boxed it up, pulled out the memory card (it has PSN details/game data on it) and am sending it back tomorrow, hopefully for another, working model. Now I'll have to talk to people this weekend. Boo! Is there anything I should do about any details stored on the Vita (like deselecting it on PSN - is this possible? I don't really want my Facebook, YouTube, Skype and PSN account details for anyone to use). I can't access them on the Vita itself so would have to be done online. Any help here would be grateful.

Until it died, I have to say, I am liking this Vita lark and can't wait to get another one. If anyone wants, add me, as I'd love to have more friends online, either on the Vita or PS3.

PSN: Mantzy

You could change your passwords, etc, if it'll make you feel any better, but as it's broken, I do reckon it'll be sent back to Sony somehow, and either disassembled for parts, or destroyed, so the chances of anyone gaining access are nigh on non existent, IMO.

You can de-activate the Vita on Sony's site here: http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Go to [Account] > [Media and Devices], and then select [Deactivate All] for the type of content for which you want to deactivate all activated systems.

The customer support line can also do it for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom