Vita FIFA football problem

Robbo42

My son has a vita and for the last few days when trying to play FIFA he is getting the following message "You must update the system software" with the option to click cancel or Update System Software. Cancel takes you back to the main menu and clicking update system software you get the following message "The system software cannot be used with your PS vita system (C1-6562-9)"

I've checked the firmware in settings and it is running 1.66

The other games he has run fine with no error messages.

Any ideas ? I've even tried formatting the vita but then still getting the same error :facepalm:

Robbo

AlpsUk

Might be worth phoning Sony for support as I'm on 1.66 and fifa plays ok.

mikeyp

1.66 is the latest firmware (which only came out yesterday).

I haven't got FIFA, but the Demo plays fine on my Vita with 1.66 firmware.

A quick Google suggests the error code means 'Downgrade Failed' which is odd! Did your son do something weird to get it into this state? Have you tried upgrading from the Settings menu instead?

Robbo42

1.66 is the latest firmware (which only came out yesterday).

I haven't got FIFA, but the Demo plays fine on my Vita with 1.66 firmware.

A quick Google suggests the error code means 'Downgrade Failed' which is odd! Did your son do something weird to get it into this state? Have you tried upgrading from the Settings menu instead?

I found the error code too on google and it seems very odd ..... My son is only 8 so I doubt he would even know anything about firmware. Yes I've tried upgrading from the settings menu but it says the it is already on the latest firmware.

As it is only FIFA which isn't working I'm wondering whether the game disc is actually damaged in some way ..... But I would have thought it would have given a different error code if that was he case.

Robbo42

Just spoken to Sony and they think as other games are working ok that it must be a problem with the game cartridge. I will therefore return the game and hopefully the replacement will work ok.

P

Paver

Sometimes installation problems, conflicts between full games and demos etc., can be resolved by rebuilding the database.

Reset the Vita (hold power button down for 20 seconds), then select the rebuild database option, usually takes a couple of minutes despite warning it could take hours.

Robbo42

Just spoken to Sony and they think as other games are working ok that it must be a problem with the game cartridge. I will therefore return the game and hopefully the replacement will work ok.

The replacement turned up today and worked fine. Original cartridge must have therefore been faulty.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom