Vita: bottom area of touch screen not working.

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:( my lads Vita is not working 100%, it seems the bottom 3rd of the screen is temperamental. It works on some touches but then looses sensitivity. Truth is despite it being in a good condition and it has generally been looked after, it has had a couple of drops on to our wooden floor.

I need to approach Sony, anyone had much look with a free of charge fix or replacement?

I've never heard of part of the screen fail before so not sure.

Yeah, I think they are well made and robust and such a device should be sturdy to a degree. The screen is nice and clean. I can't imagine a factory reset would work?

What is the quickest easiest to back up the vita in full. I.e. games, saves, setup. We have PS3s and the a PS plus account.

Once done I will call Sony and report back.

If its going to cost me a lot anyone know if and when the new Vita is out? Any advantages?

Back it upto your PC, with PS Content Manager, Not sure on the pricing sorry.

LOL! Called Sony, to cut a long story short they want £120 to have it replaced with a device with a 3 month warranty!?!?!?!?!? Why on earth would I agree to that, when you can buy new for not much more.

Any way, I gave the device a good clean again, saw it was full, deleted some software , update kill zone which seemed to suffer from the problem most commonly. Tested it with that in built game (I forget the name) and paint and it now seems fine :confused: not sure if it will continue to work as its seems to have done this on a few occasions.

I would do a restore to factory settings if I were you.

Even PC's benefit from a reformat and restore from time to time.

I would do a restore to factory settings if I were you.

Even PC's benefit from a reformat and restore from time to time.

I agree. I will get it backed up and reformatted.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom