• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

'Visual history' of iOS

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Last week (I think) over in the Android section of AVF, I posted about The Verge's rather well written history of Android going from 1.0 to 4.0, well know they have done an iOS version and its a pretty good read as well. Will take a few moments but if you're into tech history, it's worth it IMO :thumbsup:

iOS: A visual history | The Verge

EDIT: Also good endpoint of what will iOS 6 bring? will it bring a fundamental UI change? (with the subsequent 5.x.x updates being under the hood etc) or just more incremental changes?

Last edited:

RobM

Distinguished Member
Have a look at OSX for how much iOS will continue to change revision-to-revision. It's a very similar story to iOS. I don't think we'll see a radical overhaul, IMO it doesn't need it, so long as it keeps growing in the way it has done.

gkpm

As if on cue with your post, news are now out that Apple hired a new interface designer.

Here's his existing portfolio of ideas, might show the direction iOS will move:

http://janmichaelcart.com/wp/portfolio-items/#ios

I like how the videos are made to match the general Apple style. He seems very talented and his attention to detail shows.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom