Vista SP2 - Priner problem after installing.

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
Installed SP2 yesterday and I thought all was well until I tried to use my printer today. I have the Epson R300 printer and I'm using Vista 32bit Premium edition.

I had no probs with SP1 only since going to SP2, I'd like to be able to fix this without rolling back to SP1.

My Issue...

When I try to print, the print buttons are all greyed out. Removed printer and rebooted, let windows find the device and install the driver... I get this error...

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error when attempting to install it"

When I try and install it manually, I get the error ...

"Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)"

Epson's website doesnt have a latest driver as its an in-box Vista driver so I have to use the one that comes with Vista. As I say, was fine with SP1, stopped working with SP2.

Anyone have any ideas on how to repair/fix this ?

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
I renamed my w32x86 folder and rebooted the PC, tried to reinstall the driver again but failed, managed to use the generic driver from driverstore folder and then used have disc then windows update, it found a few Epson models of printer (not the R300) so I used the closest spec of printer model I could fine which was the RX420 and that installed ok, and a test page printed off fine.

Wonder whats wrong with my r300 print drivers ? :confused:

Jonesthegas

My system has been unbootable since I installed SP2. I even did a clean install and SP2 still failed. I think there are drivers (mine may be my USR ext faxmodem) which work with SP1 but not SP2. It is one of the few explanations for my troubles.

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
My system has been unbootable since I installed SP2. I even did a clean install and SP2 still failed. I think there are drivers (mine may be my USR ext faxmodem) which work with SP1 but not SP2. It is one of the few explanations for my troubles.

Going to Win 7 RC at the weekend, can't be bothered with Vista any longer.

namuk

Distinguished Member

System specs ?

Going to Win 7 RC at the weekend, can't be bothered with Vista any longer.

post back would be interesting ..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom