Vista Sleep problems

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Kenny Lick Lick, May 2, 2007.

1. Kenny Lick Lick

Kenny Lick Lick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    My machine fails to wake (power comes back on, fans going etc but no windows) from sleep. It then needs a reboot to get it going again.

The weird part is that my motherboard, cpu, memory, graphics card (Core 2 Duo E6400, 2 gig of corsair xms-2, Abit F-I90HD MATX motherboard with onboard Ati x1250 graphics) worked fine in my antec sonata case with Vista Ultimate but when i moved the components to a new Antec NSK2400 case and did a fresh install of Vista Home Premium on a new hitachi hard drive i can no longer wake from sleep mode.

All the settings appear the same in power management, so maybe it could be PSU related?

Anyone had/having similar problems?

2. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,370
    Did you run WU? IIRC there was an update released recently for the waking/sleeping issues.

3. Kenny Lick Lick

Kenny Lick Lick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks, i got to the bottom of it in the end. The default setting in Vista is hybrid sleep (RAM still powered to enable fast boot but data saved to HDD for security). It seems my motherboard didn't like this as it only supports s1 and s3 modes (hibernation apparently requires s4 support), so i disabled hybrid sleep mode and it works a treat now. Not sure why it worked before and then stopped though