Vista Sleep on ASUS M2V board

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by kaygeebee, Sep 18, 2007.

1. kaygeebee

kaygeebee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    i'm having some problems at the moment with my Vista Home Prem 64 setup.... problem is I can't get it to sleep after a recording meaning my PC is on 24/7 ...

I have managed to change the power settings to get it to sleep, but upon resuming my USB keyb/mouse/remote doesn't work then involving a full reboot to bring them back alive.

I'm running an Asus M2V AM2 board with an Enermax Noisetaker EG375AX PSU which seems compatible so i'm guessing it's just a config error on my half.

Can anyone recommend any settings I should be trying or infact a solution?

thanks guys.... :smashin:

2. tman

tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    Having a similar problem with Vista 32-bit on my ASUS M2NPV-VM board. It will come out of S3 to record, but won't go back to sleep afterwards. Obviously something is preventing it, but I haven't found out what yet.

The PC also wakes up at odd times during the day for no reason. Could be the guide download I suppose, but again, it won't go back to sleep automatically afterwards.

3. kaygeebee

kaygeebee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    sorry to hear you're havin troubles too tman, but am glad i'm not on my own... thought it was something glaringly easy i'd missed out...

anyone got any ideas, surely ASUS boards are still really popular so someone must of remedied this......

4. echrada

echrada
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Reading helps put to sleep as well as singing lullabyes.:devil:

5. tony_park

tony_park

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Hi,

I have an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe, and have resuming from Sleep problems with Vista 32 - never had the problem with XP MCE. So I'm hoping that its a driver problem, rather than a setting, as all settings were set correctly for S3.

Now when windows wakes, it BSODs of me - hibernating works fine, but takes longer to come on, so am hoping that the beginnings of programs are not affected!

Does anyone know, if increasing the memory will increase the amount of time taken to resume from hibernation?

Thanks
    Tony

6. tman

tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    Hibernation (S4) takes a snapshot of memory and writes a disk file equivilent in size to the amount of memory in the machine, so in theory, yes, the more memory you have, the larger the 'snapshot' file, and the longer it would take to resume (reload) the file. It might not take twice as long with twice the amount of memory, but there would be some extra seconds required.