Vista Media Centre Video Thumbnails. Help!!

alienandy

Okay. I have just put together a Media Centre for our Living Room. All is smashing except for a 'niggle' within Vista Media Centre.

When I choose Videos from the Menu, which I have directed it to my avi's on my PC upstairs, I get loads of light blue squares which one by one fills in with thumbnails of each programme or film. It's this that really pisses me off, as not only does it take ages to do every time I go into Videos, it also makes it very hard to see which programmes are where! I would rather have a text list going down the screen than having these pointless thumbnails. If indeed I HAVE to have these thumbnails, is there any way that I can make Media Centre remember what it did before, so that it doesn't keep going through them each time I enter Videos?

Just for info, my pc upstairs also has Vista installed.

Help!

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
What speed connection have you between the PC's? I have XP MCE and it takes a VERY short while 2-3 seconds but the connection is 1Gb hard wired.

alienandy

What speed connection have you between the PC's? I have XP MCE and it takes a VERY short while 2-3 seconds but the connection is 1Gb hard wired.

I have a couple of Network sockets on the walls downstairs which are linked upstairs to a Linksys Router (Vonage). My PC's upstairs are also linked to this Router.

I have just noticed that the thumbnails are instant when the Media Centre is on the same machine as the avi files. So I am going to do now what I should of done in the first place and swap the 200Gb Sata out of the Media Centre downstairs with the 500Gb Sata in the PC upstairs. Why didn't I do this in the first place? :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom