Vista MCE & Mouse Cursor Curse :-/

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by alienandy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. alienandy

alienandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well, I have to say that overall I am very impressed with my Vista Media Center. Have all my album collection now on there ( inc. thumbnails ), plus tons of Videos etc. All works smashing. Just one irritating thing that niggles me...
    Every few seconds or minute or two, either while I'm watching a Video or listening to Music, the Mouse Cursor appears along with the PLAY, STOP, FF etc graphic buttons. I got quite irritated by this the other night when I was watching Dr. Beverley Crusher on Star Trek TNG on the screen when suddenly a Mouse Cursor appears on her nose! Now that is just totally out of order!! ;)

I am assuming that this is all happening when MCE is busy doing something like accessing the HD or whatever, but surely this should not happen unless I move the Mouse or something?

Anyone had any similar experiences?

2. alienandy

alienandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

Ahh.. figured it out!
    Just in case anyone else gets the same thing happen to them. I found that it was the wireless Mouse that was causing this while it was sat inside it's bay charger thing! As soon as I took it out and put it down on a flat surface, the problem went away.
    Strange issue all this, but it was very irritating!!
    Sorted now anyway.
    :oops: