Vista MC

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Just installed Vista Ultimate on a custom build HTPC, and everything has been working ok, except the channel listings were wrong. So I tried to re-scan for channels, but now it won't find any! Tried closing down and opening back up with no luck.

Also, what is the recommended resolution for use with a 42" Plasma - I have left if at the plasma's native res, but MC says this is not correct as a widescreen res.

Thanks/..

xmb

Go to

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/support/support_new_xpvista.html

and follow the instructions after downloading the new drivers.

This seems to get the Hauppauge DTV cards working!

If you have any guide entries missing you need to go in to the guide settings and manually tell it which channel guide to use.

Had the same issues with my Vista installation.

Cable Monkey

If your plasma is widescreen but with a funny resolution set your output to 720p or 1080i/p. On ATI cards you do it by telling the control centre to allow HD resolutions and then selecting your chosen one.

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
If your plasma is widescreen but with a funny resolution set your output to 720p or 1080i/p. On ATI cards you do it by telling the control centre to allow HD resolutions and then selecting your chosen one.

Got a Panny 42", which has a native res of 1024x768 (non widescreen). I have a MSI GeForce 7600GT, as it has HDMI out on it.

Solved the ITV problems by using a different channel listing then setting it back!

Cable Monkey

Got a Panny 42", which has a native res of 1024x768 (non widescreen). I have a MSI GeForce 7600GT, as it has HDMI out on it.

Solved the ITV problems by using a different channel listing then setting it back!

As I said, forget about resolutions and start thinking 720p or 1080i. Your non standard resolution means you are not going to get pixel perfect matching to your screen so you need to feed it a resolution it recognises and can scale accordingly.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom