Visonic Tamper Alarm Error - Keeps Randomly Phoning Me

Visonic

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a wireless Visonic Powermax alarm system. A "tamper alarm" error keeps happening and the alarm system then randomly calls me several times in the day and night. I have cleared the error messages, but it continues to happen. Can anyone shed any light on why this is occurring and how to fix the problem please?

This means you have a sensor / bell box / control panel in tamper.

Have you moved any sensors (removed covers etc)

The panel should tell you which sensor etc has a tamper alert. You will need to clear this before all is well again

Fabien

Yes the alert is for the sensor in the kitchen which hasn´t been touched for months. I changed the battery many months ago and cleared all the errors afterwards. I have also cleared the recent errors by arming / disarming the alarm.

What else could it be?

Look in log and confirm were tamper is, if it is pir delete and see if fault goes...

When you say "delete", do you mean clear the error by clicking okay and then arming / disarming the alarm? If so, I have done that many times already and the fault still persists.

Have you taken it apart yet? The tamper alarm gets triggered by a simple electrical contact inside the sensor. You need to take it apart when swapping the battery. Perhaps a spider got in there and is reducing the contact, or something else.

Nothing we can do, you really have to open the sensor where this is occurring. Then if you don't see anything short it yourself and see if that stops it. Alternatively double check the battery levels.

go into installer mode and delete the sensor that is faulty, then if fault goes you know thats what it is.

Thank you Dejongj and Lanadanne. I will try both and let you know the outcome.

Lanadanne - can you please advise how I go into the Installer Mode.

I don´t think I do. Where could I find it?
Should be noted in your installation book, together with where the list is of all the device numbers and what they are.

Alternatively try the default codes as per page 29 of your manual....
Master installer: 9999
Installer: 8888

But I really hope it wasn't left on those codes by your installer.

Thanks for the advice - I really appreciate it.

I guess I have a bit of weekend analysis / checking / un-tampering to do. I will let you know how I get on.

I have a similar issue. My Powermax started its beep and the panel indicated a low battery in kitchen Visonic Next Pir MCW. Changed the battery and the cover was closed and fitted ok. (Poor non user friendly design for a corner with cheap plastic) After a bit the infernal beeping resumed indicating a Tamper Alert throughout the house. Would appreciate any and all thoughts! Also is there a way of cutting off that horrific beeping?? Thank you

In installer menu turn off trouble beeps. Check it still says tamper open.. if it does check metal strip is catching tamper in pir

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom