Visonic Powermax troubleshooting

jbg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I have this wireless system.
I'm used to changing batteries when I get a low battery message.
I got two messages this time
1. low siren battery
2. living room low battery

living room has K985-MCW Wireless sensor
I changed the battery in it but have done nothing about the siren battery yet.

Problem is I now get a tamper alarm message for the living room (as well as the low siren battery message)

I've tried refitting the living room sensor carefully but same message.

Anybody with Visonic wireless experience know what might still be wrong?

I've been quoted £50 call out and £15 to change the siren battery but he wants another £50 for a new sensor if it needs one.

I wondered if there is a simple way of checking if the sensor is gone as I could get a new one and install both things myself.......maybe!

Edit
just swapped the hall sensor which had no error message with the living room one and back again.
now got tamper alarm message on both of them. unlikely the hall one has just broken so can it be I need to reset the tamper alarm messages somehow?

There are 2 messages, you can get, tamper : is an old message, if you reset alarm it will be fine
tamper open - is a current fault were sensor is open

Hi thanks for that. It needed the Siren battery changing (low siren battery message)
once that was done The other messages went too.

Can anyone help me? The battery needed changing on one of the sensors last year and I was charged 50 quid so when the same thing happened with the upstairs sensor I thought I would do it my self but now I've still got system troubles messages and the amber warning light is still on ? One message saying system jammed! It's a visonic powermax complete

Hi
I have a Powermax+ system that I "inherited" Batteries needed changing in the PIR's, changed the batteries, system said "Ready" Set the alarm, exited, and after two minutes received a telephone call to say the alarm had gone off at home ?? I have been unable to find an "engineer mode" for the system in order to change the batteries, so that this did not happen - can you help please?

Hi All,

Got a couple of issues with one of these my house, wondering if anyone could offer advice -

1. I have the installer code but not user code - can't seem to reset the user code from the installer menu (that I can see)? Looking to set the date and time which is way out.

2. Replaced a battery on a PRI (NEXT PIR MCW / NEXT K9-85 MCW) and I'm not getting a tamper alarm. Pretty sure everything went back on ok and is the right place (tried a couple of times). Any ideas?

It did, but now the alert has gone. I assume it stays for a period of time before disappearing. Just the user code I need to sort out..

I have a problem! Help!

I have a similar issue but having changed the battery it is still showing on panel as siren low battery and trouble.

Help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom