Question Visonic PowerMaster 33 CPU tamper alarm

Tarzion

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Every couple of months the sim card (module) on my Visonic PowerMaster 33 system stops working.
I get the "invalid sim card" error even though the system is currently setup to keep the sim alive.

Whenever this has happened in the past, I have opened the main unit and used the sim in a spare mobile phone to make a call to ensure that the sim is sill active. I have then put it all back in and it has worked fine.

Yesterday the same issue happened once again and I followed the same process as the previous times to make the call etc.

But this time I am getting the "CPU tamper alarm" and I can't seem to set my alarm as it is showing "Not Ready" on the power panel.

I opened the main unit again and checked all the connection and couldn't find any obvious issues. For a short time the system showed as "Ready" and goes back to the "Not ready" mode.

How do I clear the system troubles?

I managed to fix the CPU Tamper Alarm message but I am now getting a sim card fail message.

I ran the sim card test diagnostic and it comes back with the message "sim not active"

After a few retries with the Sim module it seems to have recovered from the failure.

I am not sure what went there but it seems the sim becomes inactive if there are no calls or sms's being sent.

Is there any way to get the GSM module to regularly send a sms text or something to the programmed number?

I have it enabled but it seems it has no effect on the sim.

Unfortunately O2 is the only provider that I know of that provides a "true" PAYG sim.66666

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom