Visonic Detector eating batteries

Donkeyfumbler

Standard Member
I'm hoping someone can offer some help. I have a Visonic Powermaster system with some MP-802 motion detectors. It was fitted a couple of years ago and has worked fine for the most part ever since, apart from the fact that one of the detectors first popped up with a replace battery message after about 18 months and since then it has gone through one battery every three months (when they should last years). All of the other detectors are still on their original batteries.

I have checked the signal several times (always says strong) and that the device settings are the same as the other devices.

Any ideas what is wrong or would I just be best to assume it is faulty and replace it with a new one?

Appreciate any advice.

Fabien

Wireless detectors of that type are designed to go into a sleep cycle after first communicating a detection (thus saving battery). If you have the LED enabled then see if you are seeing continuous detections.

Sleep cycle is usually a few minutes

Fabien

Fabien

Maybe try commissioning the sensor again to give it a kick? (Disclaimer - I do not have this type of system)

Fabien

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom