Visonic alarm - tamper issue

Alps

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys, I changed the battery on one of my sensors today, but now for some reason I'm getting a tamper problem and can't arm the alarm. I've checked several times that the casing is shut properly, which it is. The only problem is the little screw at the bottom keeps turning so doesn't screw tight.

Is there anyway I can turn off that particular sensor from the control unit (I have the code)?

I have a similar issue. My Powermax started its beep and the panel indicated a low battery in kitchen Visonic Next Pir MCW. Changed the battery and after a bit the infernal beeping resumed indicating a Tamper Alert throughout the house. Would appreciate any and all thoughts! Also is there a way of cutting off that horrific beeping?? Thank you

Hi mate, it sure if this is of any help to you, but in the end I just deactivated the sensor that was causing the problem. But for me it wasn’t a major issue as it was in the bedroom and not a main sensor.

And what “beep” are you talking about? Does it come from the main unit? Or from your keyfob?

It comes from the main unit. As the manual says, you can turn it off for 4 hours but it will and does resume. Of course that is made worse by the fact that one cannot adjust the clock and that is out by 7/8 hours. Many thanks

It comes from the main unit. As the manual says, you can turn it off for 4 hours but it will and does resume. Of course that is made worse by the fact that one cannot adjust the clock and that is out by 7/8 hours. Many thanks
Try turning off the offending sensor and see if that stops the beeping.

Certainly worth a try. I will have to figure out to do that as it is not in the User Manual. Is it in the Installer Manual. Thank you very sincerely for your help!

Yes it's in the installer menu. Very easy to do - I just can't remember how!

First, thank you yet again. Have to admit that I find the manuals use a lot of jargon I have to take time to figure out. Sounds like I have a bit to get on with. One last dumb question, for now, when you say installer menu that could also mean installer manual?

First, thank you yet again. Have to admit that I find the manuals use a lot of jargon I have to take time to figure out. Sounds like I have a bit to get on with. One last dumb question, for now, when you say installer menu that could also mean installer manual?
Yup. I downloaded it from the Internet. Just make sure it's for your model to make it easier. Although the general method is the same between similar models.

Let me know if you struggle and I can try and give you a point by point method this weekend.

Sorry for not getting back sooner to thank everybody. Managed to sort out. It seems the tamper board had slipped while the lid was being put back in and screwed in. Re did the whole process and now is find. Thanks for all the comments, it really helped me understand the process and come up with a few strategies if the simplest did not work. Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom