1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visitor Q on UK TV!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Aug 22, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

In case people don't already know, the extremely controversial Miike Takashi film "VISITOR Q" gets its first ever worldwide TV premiere, on Saturday 23rd August, on the Sci-Fi Channel! :eek:

As of yet, the BBFC has not classified this film, and unless the ITC or Broadcasting Standards Commission intervene, then the film will probably go out uncut and uncensored, in its original Japanese-language version, with English subtitles, and in widescreen as well! :clap: :clap:

Be warned: this film is: :lesson:

NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH, THE EASILY OFFENDED, OR FOR THOSE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION! And it's ABSOLUTELY NOT SUITABLE FOR ANYONE UNDDER 18!!! :lesson:

The film is also repeated later in the week, on Thursday night, 28th August.

Enjoy - if you can stomach it! :rotfl:

Pooch

2. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    When you say "widescreen", do you mean anamorphic? I've never seen anything anamorphic on the scifi channel, only letterboxed.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    NicholasB,

I mean letterbox-format, as opposed to 16:9 anamorphic widescren. Sorry, for the confusion. However, on most 16:9 TV's you should be able to fill the screen with the full picture frame, and loose the black bars completely, without any picture quality deterioration.

Pooch

4. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the heads-up. I know nothing about this flick at all, but I'll be watching it, as I yearn for something a little edgy on my TV.

5. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Be carefull what you wish for-lol:D

This film is gross to say the least:rotfl:

If you couldn't cope with Audition and the like stay well clear:(

other wise watch something original and unusual even though it does leave a bad taste in the mouth after watching:smashin:

6. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    If that were the case there'd be no need for anamorphic signals. Possibly my faithful old Panasonic TXW32D4DPC is less comfortable with zooming pictures than a more modern set would be, but even so an anamorphic picture stretched in only one dimension is always going to look better than a zoomed one.

7. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Duly noted, but I think I can handle it. Course, with that kind of lead-up, my expectations have just risen substantially. :devil:

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Morning,

Well, I videod this film, and despite it being in 4:3 (which looked like it was how the film was filmed by Takashi Miike), it appeared to be uncut and uncensored. Having said that, the film was taken from a Japanese print, which meant that frontal male nudity was pixellated, as was frontal female nudity (from the waist down). Yet all the gore, sex and violence was intact, as far as I could tell.

Oh, and the BBFChave never classified this film! I e-mailed them this week to enquire about it. If you missed it, it's on again, late on Wednesday night at Midnight!

Pooch

9. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know, this was shot on digital video and the 4:3 ratio is correct.

10. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Yep, the 4:3 ratio is correct indeed! Thanks for that info. :)

I watched the film, and boy oh boy, is it sick and twisted! :eek:

It's one of those films where it's so sick and distasteful, you almost have to laugh at the sheer grossness of it!

I've still got to see "Ichi The Killer" though, so maybe that may come in as the sickest film yet? And even "Cannibal Holocaust" doesn't always get as gross as "Visitor Q"!

If anyone wants to know, "Visitor Q" is on again tonight, at Midnight, on Sci-Fi! But be prepared to barfff! :rotfl:

Pooch

11. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I watched it, and it was definitely one of the weirder movies I've seen. It didn't seem that gross to me, though. Quirky and a little silly at times, but a pretty interesting flick.