1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visit to Richer Sounds

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Harry1265, May 25, 2004.

1. Harry1265

Harry1265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Visited my local store to check out the plasma screens. Asked them about the Panasonic which once occupied the now blank space on the wall and was told that they weren't selling them at present because Panasonic refusing to supply wall mount! This can't be right can it?
    Asked about the "buzz" from some Hitachi screens, got blank and bewildered stare, had never heard of this. But I was then told that there were 2 types of Hitachi screen and the commercial version which is identical to domestic one has a bigger fan and hence is noisy!?

Questions apart the Hitachi 42PD5000 looked very nice as did the Toshiba 42WP36. Anyone have one of these I couldn't find much in previous threads.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Tosh i think is a panny clone and Universal brackets fit panny so i guess panny have stopped supplying RS alltogether!

3. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    bought my hitachi plasma from rs in sheffield, they are just product pedlars, if you need any after sales support speak to hitachi direct, should not have to but that is life I suppose, Hitachi do make awesome plasmas and I was told by their sales manager are number 1 in plasma sales in the UK!

4. Harry1265

Harry1265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    forrestgump which hitachi did you buy? I'm not sure if I should go for the PD5000 or pay the bit extra and get one with multimedia box?