Visions of Japan

Drew2

Established Member
Reaction score
In light of their first Gold medal at Torino, I would like to share some of the best shots I have taken around this country - please enjoy, and sorry if you have 56k modem!!:)

Attachments

• Dragonfly-2.jpg
    Dragonfly-2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 81
  • Garden-Lantern.jpg
    Garden-Lantern.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Hiroshima-Park-2.jpg
    Hiroshima-Park-2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Hiroshima-Park.jpg
    Hiroshima-Park.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Naruto-Whirlpool.jpg
    Naruto-Whirlpool.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Rose.jpg
    Rose.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 62
  • Tsukuba-Paddy.jpg
    Tsukuba-Paddy.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 80
  • Wakamatsu-Jo-2.jpg
    Wakamatsu-Jo-2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Two-Shell.jpg
    Two-Shell.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Wakamatsu-Jo-Moat-2.jpg
    Wakamatsu-Jo-Moat-2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Night-Cherry.jpg
    Night-Cherry.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 70
  • Edo-Museum-037.jpg
    Edo-Museum-037.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 61
Excellent . :smashin: :smashin:
Those nightshots are awesome.:cool:
The daylight ones arent bad either
Well done

I love Asian culture and the strong differences in life and surroundings compaired to the western environment.

I think the firework shot is the best although it is a shame the whole of the two bursts were not caught.

The picture of the lake with the cherry blossom is great and the tower is hidden pretty well behind the trees, just a shame it is reflected in the water (clone tool maybe to remove) or is that your intention.

Very nice shots though. Any descriptions to go with them as it would be nice to know a bit of background.

I will have to get round to visiting Japan although I think China is probably first on my list.

Cheers
RB

Lovely pictures Drew, think my favorite it the sunset over the paddy field?

Zone said:
Lovely pictures Drew, think my favorite it the sunset over the paddy field?

One of my favourites as I just happened to have the camera in the car driving home one evening.

Lovely shots Drew. I've just got my camera but to my untutored eye yours look great and I'll be really pleased to achieve something comparable. However, I guess you have a slight advantage over me in that you have the fantastic scenery on your doorstep! :)

RimBlock said:
I love Asian culture and the strong differences in life and surroundings compared to the western environment.

I think the firework shot is the best although it is a shame the whole of the two bursts were not caught.

The picture of the lake with the cherry blossom is great and the tower is hidden pretty well behind the trees, just a shame it is reflected in the water (clone tool maybe to remove) or is that your intention.

Very nice shots though. Any descriptions to go with them as it would be nice to know a bit of background.

I will have to get round to visiting Japan although I think China is probably first on my list.

Cheers
RB

I've lots of firework photos - probably 1000+, so sometimes I like to make the image come in one place and exit another.

I like the tower in the water " a splash of colour" unexpectedly!

1. Dragonfly in my local lavender garden - now one of my favourite insects especially mating season when they resemble bi-planes.
2. Stone lantern in Hiroshima memorial park - awesome tranquility in this place, you just don't want to leave and when coupled with the knowledge that this was the place the survivors went to, to be at peace - it all makes sense.
3 & 4 Same park - every corner you turn has a picture postcard view - have one with a carp leaping out of the water.
5. Naruto whirlpool's - the 2nd place in the world for this naturally occurring event (when the tide changes) the other being the north-west of Scotland.
6. These bushes grow everywhere and produce some of the most perfect petal formations I have ever seen.
7.Rice field on the outskirts of the city I live in.
8.One of the many National heritage sites/castles of Japan - this ones famous for the amount of cherry trees that grow within its grounds, makes for a lovely day out in Spring. About a 4hr drive away NE.
9. Taken from one of the many 'Hanabi' festivals held for 3months throughout Japan.
10 & 11. From the surroundings of the castle in 8.
12. One of the displays in the Tokyo museum of an 'Edo' period komono.

I suppose I should of really included these photos seeing as one was taken at the last Samurai school in Japan and the other at a world heritage site called Miyajima shrine/temple.

Attachments

• Samuri-bridge.jpg
    Samuri-bridge.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Miyajima-Main-entrance.jpg
    Miyajima-Main-entrance.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 45

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom