VisionPro HDP pro - Toshiba HD-E1

Reaction score
I have a problem getting my new toshiba HD-E1 working through my HDP pro via HDMI - DVI QED cable. I am able to get the start up screen on the toshiba and access the menus but as soon I start a SD or HD DVD the screen goes black. All settings on the pro are factory. Am I missing something obvious? I have not updated the firmware on the Tosh but the Lumagen has the newest software.

:lease:

Well, I finally got the Toshiba updated to 1.5 firmware. The lumagen has also the latest firmware. No change.:( When I bypass the lumagen, the tosh works fine. Great picture.

Brian, it does seem that my problem is similar to yours. The difference is however that I do not get a picture for a few minutes. I get a 1-2 seconds clip if I´m lucky but thats it. And eventualy THe Lumagen says " no signal". I did read through the thread above, the EDID is set to default, but no change.

How did you get your Lumagen/Tosh combo working?

OK mate here are my settings, see if these are different from yours:

Toshiba picture settings
TV Shape 16:9
Picture mode Auto
Resolution setting up to 1080i
PAL/Auto Auto

If you want to post your Lumagen settings on here I'll have a look and see where mine are different
Cheers
Brian

I have a problem getting my new toshiba HD-E1 working through my HDP pro via HDMI - DVI QED cable. I am able to get the start up screen on the toshiba and access the menus but as soon I start a SD or HD DVD the screen goes black. All settings on the pro are factory. Am I missing something obvious? I have not updated the firmware on the Tosh but the Lumagen has the newest software.

:lease:

Sounds like HDMI hand shake sync problem.

Some things to check/try-

What is the Lumagen DVI Menu setting for "HDCP" and "EDID" ?

Make sure the player is set to output via HDMI
Power off both the Lumagen and Tosh
Power on the Tosh (with a disc HD DVD in) and wait for the No HDMI linkerror
Power on the Lumagen and select the input assigned to the Tosh
Press play on the Tosh

AVI

Hasn't Toshiba firmware just been updated to counter HDMI handshake issues? My HD-XA1 certainly has been, maybe HD-E1 has same fixed in its new firmware.

Check for info in the HD DVD forum.

StooMonster

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom