Visionpro? anyone heard of it

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by simon69, Jan 14, 2003.

1. simon69

simon69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
  2. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Specs look great, just what I am after. I hardly dare to ask...do you know the price?

Cheers,

JP

3. simon69

simon69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    List price is about $2495, but I think that they are having some introductory offer around the $1900 mark, online. I have heard that the component output voltage can be changes to suit projector etc, it looks good to me, I hope it does what they say it will.

Simon

4. simon69

simon69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Lumagen will be shipping to the UK in about 8 weeks, they have two models, the vision and the visionpro, the vision is around $999, which is a very good price if you read the spec's.

www.lumagen.com/vision_specs.htm

:lesson:

5. CogPaul

CogPaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon has now been appointed as the UK distributor for these scalers - which is great news for us in the UK!!!

Simon69 and myself have ordered from him and he is coming to install when they arrive in the UK - will post details when installed.

These units could be an abolute no-brainer buy - check the avs forums for details - having had some contacts with Jim and Patrick at this company I have to say they are incredibly helpful and if the product delivers they really deserve to succeed..

... and well done to Gordon for once again taking the lead in giving us access to the best from across the pond!!!

6. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The Lumagen Vision is going to be £1175 SRP.

Good value when you compare it to the competition.
    :smashin:

7. CogPaul

CogPaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon came and installed my vision last night. Running at 600p/60hz on a NEC9PG the picture is excellent. I am extremely pleased - its almost like having a new library of dvd's to watch. Unit is plain and simple ( the money has gone on the internals where it belongs (excellent intuitive remote and OSD. In terms of value for money I think this is probably the most cost effective thing I have bought! I have owned an iscan plus and a quadscan pro - both struggled with black detail - this unit does not. Its like having a scaler and a htpc rolled into one. I can also take the Extron 202 out of the video chain as the Vision can have output voltage adjusted on a service menu.

Gordon kindly also greyscaled me at the same time - CRT and plasma owners - pay the man and get it done- you will not regret it.

In short a hearty thumbs up for both the lumagen vision and gordons calibration touch up.

8. simon69

simon69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I can only reiterate what Paul has said, the scaler is excellent. In addtition, I thought I had done a fairly good job of settting the projector up, but only after a few minutes Gordon showed me that I was actually Hans Moleman. The picture is excellent, I would recommend a Gordon set up to anyone he definately knows his stuff.