VisionM video?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bobsplace, Aug 5, 2006.

1. bobsplace

bobsplace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hi, borrowed a vision m for a holiday,it has a video out lead so it can be watched via a tv set. Whats the best way to load it with tv progarmmes dvd's etc.?

Will i need a dvd stripper/copier? Cheers:thumbsup:

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,152
    The Vision M software will automatically convert files when you try and drag and drop them onto your player. That's probably the easiest way. :)

3. bobsplace

bobsplace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Cheers mate'y,that simple eh?

I would still need to rip dvd's though?

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    It would be great, except the auto-convert rarely works (wonders how many videos tejstar actually tried to convert). It works on some footage, but more often than not I found it didn't.

Try iRiverter as a starting point.

5. Big blue

Big blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be specific....use iriverter to rip your owned DvDs to the correct format or (much better IMHO) use DvD Shrink V3.2 to rip your DvD and then run Auto Gordian Knot (Auto GK) V2.27 to do the required compression. If you want to watch predominantly on the ZVM choose a size of 320 and a quality of circa 65%. If you want to view on your tv using the Avout dongle then choose an appropriate higher resolution (keep qual at circa 65% though). Select VBR Mp3 audio output. Rremember that the higher the res. the bigger the file...

6. maix27

maix27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    That iReverter program is good, comes with a walk through but basically you can convert your dvd straight into a format that works with your Vision:M and it doesn't take as long or crash like the bundled software does. After ripping the DVD it takes no time at all to put the file onto the Zen.

Only problem i've had is it's a little annoying to use with DVD's that have, for example, 6 half hour episodes on them, you have to do each one individually and it just annoys me. Maybe that's just me though, impatient!

Just been on holiday and having a movie on my zen made the flight feel like nothing!

7. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,152
    Not many tbh, but not had problems with the one's I've tried. A lot of my video files on the unit are in the divx format rather than ripped from dvd.