1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vision PM4320 & AVerMedia TVBox 9 - Need some advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Jim_Fear, May 17, 2005.

1. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi, we've just picked up a Vision PM4320 Plasma screen and AVerMedia TVBox 9 tuner and have had a few problems setting it up. I have succesfully been able to pick up an RF signal using the tuner box and the picture quality is pretty good aside from some unusual interference like blips (like crackles) on the display, this is only for the terrestrial channel though, there are some horrible diagonal signal lines if we try to watch cable through the RF connection, so naturally we want to use the composite, this is where the problem comes in, if I set the source to CATV input (composite) we cannot get a picture. The TV tuner is connected to the display with a bog standard VGA cable (neither TV nor tuner has DVI :( ) and then there we have our RF cable plugged into the back of it after coming out of our cable box and into a signal splitter/booster (for TV's around the house) then into the tv tuner, we also have a strange adaptor which allows us to pick up a terrestrial signal which connects to the RF too so we can pick up both cable and terrestrial over the RF lead.

On the front of the tuner is a composite connection, this is where we plug our cable box into with a scart to composite connector, when we choose this as a source we get no signal whatsoever even after setting the cable box to composite output. This is where i'm baffelled as I have no idea why it wont pick anything up.

This is how it is set up...

[​IMG]

We would also like to make use of Component connections at some point and will eventually be replacing the VCR and DVD/Surround with an HTPC. But until that gets done we are having quality issues.

Any help with this would be wonderful, if you need any more info then i'll tell you what I know.

Thanks

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Anyone?

3. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +824
    I was thinking of getting an avermedia box 9, so this is worrying me. What do you mean by a strange adapter? Can you explain what it does? It sort of sounds like you are mixing signals that shouldn't be mixed. RF, composite, component and the cable input are all completely different and cannot be interfaced.