1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vision plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Steve.EX, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Does anyone have any thoughts/experience on the Vision range of plasma's, a friend has been offered a new 42" for £3175 (mail oreder) but finding info on both the manufacturer(?) and it's products has not been "easy". your thoughts are gratefully appreciated.

SteveEX

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,591
    Steve

Other than seeing a few adds in the trade magazines we get I don't know much about this product line-up or the company behind it - I will try to do a bit of homework and report back.

Regards

Joe

PS Panasonic TH-42PWD4EX in Charcoal still wins my vote

3. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    much appreciated.

4. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

I can comment on this screen, as a PDP owner now I previously spent months going up and down the country looking for the right set.
    The Vision set suffers from colour banding which is never more obvious than when a sky scene is playing or dark scenes with candels glowing (giving a kind of rainbow effect in the graduation of colours) I.e. light blue to dark blue. This I imagine is why the set is now floating around the 3k mark (old generation electronics inside) sorry, im sure thats not what you wanted to hear.

Unfortuneatly the Daewoo is also the same (which is also around the same price bracket). If your gonna spend that much on a PDP then go the extra 1k and play it safe and go for a Panasonic or Fujitsu after all it's about picture quality at the end of the day isn't it!

One thing you absolutey must do is demo any screen before you shell' out your dosh. Harrods of London has over 15 plasma's on display (all the ones that are worth their salt are there)!

Good luck

5. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I guess you read that Gav! speak to you later mate.
    Many thanks for the contributions - All.

SteveEX