1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vision DVI info

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by philthyanimal, Apr 28, 2005.

1. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of getting myself a second hand lumagen vision dvi. Just wondering if its actually going to do what i need.
    I want to put my dv79 via hdmi > dvi into it, my xbox and my sky+ box.
    will i be able to then output via the dvi of the lumagen to a dvi slot on my pw7? Will the xbox display be slowed down due to processing that will spoil pro evo 4? Should i put xbox and sky+ into the lumagen via the svideo or would i get a better picture from component(using js rgb>component converter.). Finally will i be able to view sky hi def when it finnaly arrives on my pw7.

thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    You can output DVI to the DVI port of the Panasonic at any of the Pansonics supported resolutions and refresh rates. You can stick HDMI 4:2:2 interlaced component from the Arcam DV79 in to the scaler. (I do this at home).
    You would ideally send component to the scaler INput 4 from the XBOX. I do not have that game so cannot comment on whether the processing would cause issues....I can tell you that there are a fair few XBOX owners with Lumagen scalers and no-one has commented that lag is an issue to me. You could perhaps ask over at the Lumagen support forum.
    You would send RGBcompositeSync to Input3+5 of the scaler from your Sky box.

When SkyHD arrives I'll be testing compatability to get it working in to the second DVI port of the scaler...don't foresee any issues with that...

Gordon

3. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that gordon. Really helpfull. :thumbsup:

So with that set up and your goodself callibrating it(how many memories on the lumagen would i get setup for the £250?) would i notice much of a picture difference. I think the picture i get now is great, apart from some dithering, but is it worth the investment in the extra equipment

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    You get as much set up as you want for my fee.

I think it's a worthwhile investment, yes.

Gordon