1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vision dtv pci card review - bargain buy

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by cappo, Jun 2, 2005.

1. cappo

cappo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi all after wanting to watch free through pc and no experience of this, trawled the web and found artec T1 (usb external box) and such others, the T1 costing around 50 quid, which was the cheapest, others being a lot dearer.

Then came across the vision dtv pci card, which can be had for as little as £35 (swapped a mobile for my one brand new in box). Usb version is around £65.

after installing it (took couple of minutes) installed supplied software and using a
    £12.99 wideband aerial was watching all the freeview tv channels. picture is very good no conplaints not crashed once and been using it for a week.

As far as I can see doesn't use that much cpu power, can still browse web or anything else. Does not take an age to change channel or resize window. Auto format switching.

Also has the usual time shifting features, recording is a doddle press record an thats it, think its in mpeg2.

Only thing that bugs me is the EPG which has to update every time its viewed
    (comes up in a separate window) but does contain all usual info time start finish description ect, plus allows to use pvr feature. This can also be used with a sat dish with a card reader.

Also comes with nice little black/silver remote. So after hearing all about the problems with the artec T1, needing instant software updates and a host of other problems, this one works straight out of the box, personally I don't see the need for a usb version at the extra cost and I have enough gadgets on my desk.

So if your after a freeview/sat pc based card I can defiantly recomend this.
    As for reception/signal Iam currently watching The Hits music channel with 23% signal strength (I am in liverpool) and the PQ is very very good.....

Only thing I need to find out how to do is to have the dtv window always on top of others windows if you know what I mean.

2. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Where did you find it for £35?I had look found one for £35 but with VAT&postage it was £50