1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus - Kinji Fukasaku

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by TarPot, Dec 16, 2002.

1. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Virus, directed by Kinji "Battle Royale" Fukasaku.
    Anyone remember this from the golden days of video?
    An internationally cast apocalyse thriller. Saw it as a child and loved it. I recently thought how I'd like to see it again. I picked up a terrible Moonstone dvd of it. This had a different ending than I remembered and was at it's best, one of the worst looking dvds ever.
    But I've just been fortunate enough to find a japanese 2 dvd box set of it in DTS and Dolby 5.1. 16:9 widescreen transfer in both it's original 155 min version and an international 107 min version (different to both I'd seen before). Storyboards, trailers, interviews, featurettes, booklet, poster, loads more.
    Unfortunately the japanese dialogue in the full length movie isn't subtitled, but I was very gald I got it.
    Sorry to babble on, but maybe there's another fan of this film out there, who might like this info.

2. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hell, I remember that one. Had some well known stars in it too
    George Kennedy
    Robert Vaughn
    Glenn Ford

Like you say from the Golden days of Video ;)

thx for the info

3. TarPot

TarPot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    That's the one, Henry Silva and Chuck Conners aswell. As this film cost $17,000,000 to make in 1980, I'm surprised one of the american indie labels hasn't picked it up for a special edition.