Question Virtual Reality Gaming Study

VRGamingStudy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am currently undertaking a research project at the Australian National University investigating the effect of virtual reality on player gaming experience. The project is split into two stages and I am very keen on recruiting participants for this study. The results from this study will enable a deeper understanding on how player experience can be improved when developing virtual reality games.

Stage 1 is a short questionnaire about any VR game that you have recently played. (approx. 5 minutes)

Stage 2 will require you to follow a set of instructions and play a VR game of your choosing for half an hour, and then play a console/PC game of the same title, series or genre, for another 30 minutes. The same survey in Stage 1 will be completed at the end for both games played. (approx. 1 hour & 15 minutes)

If you have a few minutes, I would really appreciate it if you could participate in Stage 1!

Link to the Google Form for Stage 1:

Virtual Reality Gaming Study - Stage 1

If you would like to participate in Stage 2 as well, the link to the Stage 2 Google Form can be found here:

Virtual Reality Gaming Study - Stage 2

To raise any questions, please reply to this post or send me an email at [email protected].

Cheers!

Last edited:
Trying to think of games which can be played on a console and using VR

No mans sky
Skyrim

Thats all I got - there will be more just not that I can think off.

what are you hoping to prove/discover about the effects of VR play ?

I'm hoping that by using the 30 survey items in the Player Experience Inventory (PXI), i will be able to draw some comparisons and see which categories VR is most commonly rated among traditional console/PC gaming.
Do you own either No mans sky or Skyrim? Really keen on getting interesting survey results from a comparison with VR and console/PC for these games.

Moderator note: survey permitted on the basis a higher education email address is provided and this does not appear commercial in nature. The survey asks for your age, country and occupation. All rights reserved to remove the survey in the future should new information arise

Hi all!

I am currently undertaking a research project at the Australian National University investigating the effect of virtual reality on player gaming experience. The project is split into two stages and I am very keen on recruiting participants for this study. The results from this study will enable a deeper understanding on how player experience can be improved when developing virtual reality games.

Stage 1 is a short questionnaire about any VR game that you have recently played. (approx. 5 minutes)

Stage 2 will require you to follow a set of instructions and play a VR game of your choosing for half an hour, and then play a console/PC game of the same title, series or genre, for another 30 minutes. The same survey in Stage 1 will be completed at the end for both games played. (approx. 1 hour & 15 minutes)

If you have a few minutes, I would really appreciate it if you could participate in Stage 1!

Link to the Google Form for Stage 1:

Virtual Reality Gaming Study - Stage 1

If you would like to participate in Stage 2 as well, the link to the Stage 2 Google Form can be found here:

Virtual Reality Gaming Study - Stage 2

To raise any questions, please reply to this post or send me an email at [email protected].

Cheers!
All the best with your research, I would like to suggest you to read Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Market: Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast to 2025 which helped me a lot to understand about virtual reality. As you are conducting a research you might find it insightful

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom