Virtual Fishtank

hi have the virtual aquaium fish tank dvd on mine its great , if you have it on full tank setting you must be carefull as the coral and some ohter are static and can burn, but if you have it on close up where the camera follows the fish round the tank its great, but the sound make`s you want to go the bathroom alot ha ha,

if you pay postage you are welcome to borrow it, the dvd that is not the plasma,
or send me your email address and i will forward some pictures

I can also confirm that its superb. I personally dont have it but a friend does & he also has a 42" panny. I also think its much better than the 'fireplace' DVD

Steve

I am not sure of the name, but I know that a new aquarium/fire place dvd has just been released in the last few months. This should, as far as I've read, be much better than the "old" ones both in terms of picture an sound. I would look for that one if I was into getting one.

Joel

dvdsoon have a selection with dts!...i've got a couple ,but i cant say i watch them!

Originally posted by Joel
I am not sure of the name, but I know that a new aquarium/fire place dvd has just been released in the last few months. This should, as far as I've read, be much better than the "old" ones both in terms of picture an sound. I would look for that one if I was into getting one.
Is it this one?

The specs say that it's fullscreen, so I'm guessing 4:3
:rolleyes:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The "Aquaria" was one of the first DVDs I purchased many years ago.
IMHO it's a quality title and looks quite stunning on a quality display.

The copy I have is quite old now, maybe four/five years, and it's just called "Aquaria" - same company DVD International, Distributed in the UK by DVD Direct.
My DVD is region 2, possibly region free, double sided.

Five choices of Tank - Exotic, Freshwater, Classic, Natural and Coral Reef

Four Choices of Sound Track - Relaxation (5.1), Meditation (5.1), Beach Surf (Dolby Stereo) and Bubbles (Dolby Stereo)

Play Options for each Tank - Full Tank, Close-Ups and Fishographies

Aspect Ratios: Anamorphic, Letterbox and Pan & Scan

FYI - I've also got another similar genre DVD called Funky Oil.
A very basic DVD Screensaver - no menu options.
Just plays a black screen with different size and shape pinkish/red globs of oil that kinda melt and merge with each other, like the lava lamps - quite cool and very similar, if not the same, as the screen saver that you see on the Johnathan Ross chat show.

Hope this helps.
RAMiAM

Hi Imccauley,

No that's not the one I'm thinking of. Fullscreen is indeed 4:3, and the one I mean is in wide screen, of course.

Joel

Hmm, I can't find anything about a new Aquarium DVD that isn't the fullscreen one I mentioned - if anyone has any other details I'd appreciate it.

Aquaria is indeed a few years old and OOP - DVD soon say they have some, but it's over £16.

Play have Aquaria for £14.99, but it's R2 - I'm looking at getting a Panasonic plasma, so R1 would be better for the 480 vertical resolution.

Cheers,
Liam

eBay:

Original Aquaria as per my post - UK Seller:
Aquaria - TV Aquarium R2 UK Seller £12.99

Other Versions of Aquaria - US Sellers:
Aquaria - Classic Aquarium R1 US Seller <£5.00 + P&P
Aquaria - Classic Aquarium R1 US Seller <£5.00 + P&P
Aquaria - Fresh Water Aquarium R1 US Seller <£5.00 + P&P

These are just a list of items from sellers who have stated that they will ship to the UK, there are more if you follow this link
eBay UK - Search for Aquaria + DVD all Regions

Hope this helps :)

RAMiAM

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom