1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual desktop

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Thrash, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just in case someone has the same problem I had:

Went for a full re-install of my HCPC and once everything had been loaded up including Powerstrip I found that that I was getting a virtual desktop via the projector, ie when set to 856x480 the screen scrolled left and right. Tried everything from reinstalling the Catalyst drivers, Powerstrip and all sorts, still I got the virtual desktop. Eventually I hooked the PC up to a monitor, set it up on that and then plugged it back into the projector. Worked fine, even after a reboot.

So if you encounter the same problem, set up Powerstrip on a monitor first then plug in the projector.

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Had similar issues when I changed the graphics card driver with my HTPC and an ae100.

I'm sure the projector outputs some VESA data that the computer/powerstrip reads and locks out certain unsupported resolutions and refresh rates. Again setting up on a monitor sorted things out.

3. Thrash

Thrash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had been trying to fix it all day and was rapidly losing my patience. I'd searched all over the place for a fix without success, but did read something that gave me the clue to using a monitor, just glad it's set up right now.