Virtual Console & Wii Menu

hpoom

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, I have a Wii but will not get my hands on it until xmas day. The thing that has me worried is that I though the Vurtual Console would appear on th Wii menu as each console, so an item for NES, SNES, Megadrive etc. But seeing videos and screenshots it appears each game is a menu item

This worries me for 2 reasons, firstly I will never be able to find my games, ans secondly what happens in 6months time when there is 100+ VC games and I download 50+, there is only a few item slot in the menu, so what will happen?

Please Nintnedo fix this and just have one menu itme per consoles, then a sub menu to select you game!!!

Well, you could always organise the channels via the Wii settings. 50+ VC games is gonna cost a bit of money, I paid £28 for 4000 Wii points, and could get me a minimum of 8 games, all NES ones at that.

I have 27 gamecube games and most of those were £20 plus so I don't see it as that crazy that I might have 50+ VC games. I just don't like that the weather, new, shop and disc are all channels, and each virtual console game is a channel. I would rather have each old school console as a channel.

What do other people think?

I just re-arrange the menu. But yes, in the Wii Shop it has a button for each console.

At the moment there are about 40 spare channel slots available, I imagine when there are enough VC games to fill that many they will just update the firmware to group them by system.

In any case, you will probably run out of system memory before you get to that point, so some games will be on SD Card or left in the store until you want to play them again, so it may never become a problem.

At the moment there are about 40 spare channel slots available, I imagine where there enough VC games to fill that many they will just update the firmware to group them by system.

In any case, you will probably run out of system memory before you get to that point, so some games will be on SD Card or left in the store until you want to play them again, so it may never become a problem.

Yes but when I run out of system memory i will just get a 2GB SD card, are you saying VC games on the SD card do not appear on the Wii menu? If that is the case that is major crap! I do not want to be moving files from SD to internal memory all day just to play diff games!

Yes but when I run out of system memory i will just get a 2GB SD card, are you saying VC games on the SD card do not appear on the Wii menu? If that is the case that is major crap! I do not want to be moving files from SD to internal memory all day just to play diff games!

good point!! i would like to know the answer to this aswell. i always thought that it would be a seperate menu but now i am not sure.
pete

I understand that this is the case yes as apparently the Wii can't stream them from an SD card. In fairness though what are the chances of playing more than say 30 VC games on a regular basis? Chances are you won't have to do too much swapping about.

I understand that this is the case yes as apparently the Wii can't stream them from an SD card. In fairness though what are the chances of playing more than say 30 VC games on a regular basis? Chances are you won't have to do too much swapping about.

OK so what about save games? Can they be store on the SD or can they only be backed up there? If they can be store there then I will just put all save games on an SD to save max space on the internal memory for VC games.

OK so what about save games? Can they be store on the SD or can they only be backed up there? If they can be store there then I will just put all save games on an SD to save max space on the internal memory for VC games.

No idea to be honest, although I've not yet seen an option to write saves to SD instead of the internal memory in any games. I assume this will have to be an option sooner or later as eventually I guess some people will need more than the internal memory for save games alone.

If you run out of space just delete a VC game you don't use that often, you can always download it again free of charge.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom