Virtual Console Release dates for month of December.

davie563

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, saw this on GoNintendo.com.

Its a list of games released at launch and also the games we can expect each friday till the new year. Some good ones in there :)

Enjoy :thumbsup:

FRIDAY 8 DECEMBER 2006 (Wii LAUNCH)
Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
F-Zero (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Mario Bros. (NES)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Donkey Kong (NES)
Wario's Woods (NES)
Sonic the Hedgehog (MEGA DRIVE)
Altered Beast (MEGA DRIVE)
Golden Axe (MEGA DRIVE)
Ecco the Dolphin (MEGA DRIVE)
Bonk's Adventure (TURBOGRAFX)
Super Star Soldier(TURBOGRAFX)
Victory Run(TURBOGRAFX)
Bomberman 93 (TURBOGRAFX)
Dungeon Explorer (TURBOGRAFX)

FRIDAY 15 DECEMBER 2006
Urban Champion (NES)
Solomon's Key (NES)
Pinball (NES)
Columns (MEGA DRIVE)
Gunstar Heroes (MEGA DRIVE)
Ristar (MEGA DRIVE)
Dr. Robotonik's Mean Bean Machine (MEGA DRIVE)
Alien Crush (TURBOGRAFX)

FRIDAY 22 DECEMBER 2006
Donkey Kong Jr. (NES)
Soccer (NES)
Tennis (NES)
Space Harrier II (MEGA DRIVE)
Toe Jam & Earl (MEGA DRIVE)
Military Madness (TURBOGRAFX)

FRIDAY 29 DECEMBER 2006
SimCity (SNES)
Super Probotector (SNES)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Baseball (NES)
Ice Hockey (NES)
R-Type (TURBOGRAFX)

Cant wait for R-type :) Woohoo !

Gunstar Heroes - quality! Got that on the MD, great game!:)

R-Type was great on the PC Engine (TG16) but i've got RTypes on the PS1 and that's the best console version of the game (basically it's a direct port of Rtype 1 & 2).

I must admit that these would all appeal more if they integrated online play into them. The likes of Bomberman, Mario Kart & Goldeneye would be awesome if you could play online with them. I must admit thati'ma little ignorant to the VC at the moment and don't know if this is what Nintendo ae planning. If they don't release some online versions then they have missed a big opportunity IMO.

Probotector???

Oh for crying out loud...so we do get the barstadised version then :(:(

Castlevania 4 will be my first VC download then.

Neil

Probotector???

Oh for crying out loud...so we do get the barstadised version then :(:(

Neil

Aye no Contra for UK bods! That said, my bro has Super Probotector on the SNES and it was great.

Mine too, probably. Unless I get tempted by Ristar or Gunstar Heroes or maybe even Bonk's Adventure (which was PC Kid / BC Kid, wasn't it?)! I am quite tempted just to get the download experience - if they were a bit cheaper the impulse would've got me by now!

I'm sure Zelda will keep me going until 29th December. Zelda on the SNES took me over a year to finish, and I'm right at the end of Zelda - Wind Waker - over 3 years!

Probotector - is that Contra?

Aye no Contra for UK bods! That said, my bro has Super Probotector on the SNES and it was great.

Granted it is still a classic but when you've played Contra 3 with the proper characters then it does kinda make the robots look daft.

I still dont know why they changed them from Marines to Robots anyway :confused: :confused:

15th Dec (Alien Crush) Great game!, wish it was the better 'Devils Crush' though

Mine too, probably. Unless I get tempted by Ristar or Gunstar Heroes or maybe even Bonk's Adventure (which was PC Kid / BC Kid, wasn't it?)! I am quite tempted just to get the download experience - if they were a bit cheaper the impulse would've got me by now!

I'm sure Zelda will keep me going until 29th December. Zelda on the SNES took me over a year to finish, and I'm right at the end of Zelda - Wind Waker - over 3 years!

Probotector - is that Contra?

Yeah Bonk was the American name for PC Kid from the PC Engine.

I havent been swayed yet by Gunstar Heroes or Bonk as I have both on their respective original console anyway.

It's just I flogged a load of my old SNES games a few years back & Castlevania & Contra were the 2 I regret selling most, which is why Castlevania will be first download
I'll keep an eye out for a Jap/US Contra cart now for my SNES instead of downloading Probotector I think.

Neil

No Lylat Wars :(

Might go for Sonic and Super Mario 64 though :smashin:

I thought about getting Ristar and then I found out it was the one game I had never unlocked on my GC Sonic Mega Collection. A bit of playing last night and I now have Ristar. Had a little play last night and quite enjoyed it!

So far I only have Bomberman 93 from the VC and that has been bought in preparation for New Years Eve when I have a few friends coming around and it should be fun.

Other than that I will get Toe Jam & Earl, a game I never owned on the MD but always wanted. Might be tempted by Castlevania but I never owned a SNES so actually know very little about the games.

Might be tempted by Castlevania but I never owned a SNES so actually know very little about the games.

You sir have missed out on what is quite possibly my best Platform Game EVER!!!!!!

Some of the most amazing level design ever is in this gem...The Chandelir level is still just as amazing now as it was back in the early 90's
The Music is amazing.
The story is fantastic & the final level is the stuff of legend.

This is one game you NEED to own

Honestly for the measly £5 or so it will cost you really must add this one to the console

Neil

Think I might have to get FZero when I get round to buying some points. And maybe I'll take the time to play through mario 64 again.

Oh and I think I'll have to get bomberman aswell, ever since getting the PC version and playing two player I've wanted to play the classic I saw on Gamemaster with four players. And with the Wii version I could play 5 player, yay!

I think the whole probotecor/Contra thing was a throwback from the orignals on the NES. Considering a lot of European countries can be very strict on violence more so than the UK. The German version of Carmageddon had robots in it instead of people, at least we got zombies with green blood.

Sounds like you'll need alot of SD cards if you want to build up a collection

Toejam and Earl !

Super castlevania and probotector are must buys imo. Sure i preferred contra to the robots but come one its still basically the same game and its class!
As for castlevania well it truly was one of the best games on the snes. Has a bit of a slow start but a few levels in it starts to pick up and i look forward to playing that again!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom