Virtual Console and eShop Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really struggling with Super Mario 64. I can't even beat the big Bob-omb for the first star. I blame the camera.

Loving SM64 all over again! Beat the first bowser boss and am on the haunted house level.

A little tale to share with you all. I remember back in 1996 I was 14 at secondary school and I had a major back problem which meant I was bed ridden till I was almost 16. My best mates dad bought him an American n64 with Mario 64 and he lent it to me for a few months so I had something to do whilst at home. He came round and set it up and as it was connected to the TV via RF connection we tuned the channel in and the best we could get was a grainy black and white picture which we thought was the best thing we had ever seen! Watching Mario run around the castle on a highly distorted screen was truly a sight to behold lol!

I played it like that for at least a month and one day, whilst high on dihydrocodeine and other analgesics I decided to get up and hobble over to the TV to see what was going on. So I manage to make my way across and look behind the TV and saw the little black box that the RF lead was connected to which came from the n64. I reached over and flicked the switch to NTSC and low and behold the picture changed to colour and became super sharp! It was a revelation lol.

Almost 20 years later and I'm sitting here with my 3 year old playing it, now that's the magic of Nintendo!

Super mario 64 was and is still one of the best games ever the level that used to really pee me off was the penguin one where you race the penguin for the star always fell off the side! Remember getting a n64 and thinking it was the best console ever! Reading Gamemaster seeing an article for ocarina of time and saving up for it ahhh those were the days!

Super mario 64 was and is still one of the best games ever the level that used to really pee me off was the penguin one where you race the penguin for the star always fell off the side!
No, you want to fall off the side ;)

:D

Loving SM64 all over again! Beat the first bowser boss and am on the haunted house level.

A little tale to share with you all. I remember back in 1996 I was 14 at secondary school and I had a major back problem which meant I was bed ridden till I was almost 16. My best mates dad bought him an American n64 with Mario 64 and he lent it to me for a few months so I had something to do whilst at home. He came round and set it up and as it was connected to the TV via RF connection we tuned the channel in and the best we could get was a grainy black and white picture which we thought was the best thing we had ever seen! Watching Mario run around the castle on a highly distorted screen was truly a sight to behold lol!

I played it like that for at least a month and one day, whilst high on dihydrocodeine and other analgesics I decided to get up and hobble over to the TV to see what was going on. So I manage to make my way across and look behind the TV and saw the little black box that the RF lead was connected to which came from the n64. I reached over and flicked the switch to NTSC and low and behold the picture changed to colour and became super sharp! It was a revelation lol.

Almost 20 years later and I'm sitting here with my 3 year old playing it, now that's the magic of Nintendo!

How does it play on Wii U? does it look any better or the same as it did on N64?

Fantastic game and the game that welcomed me to Nintendo and turned me into a long time fan of Ninty :)

How does it play on Wii U? does it look any better or the same as it did on N64?

Fantastic game and the game that welcomed me to Nintendo and turned me into a long time fan of Ninty :)

Same I'd say, maybe a bit cleaner but no noticeable upgrade (if any) to the visuals. Lots of clipping and tearing present so it's a faithful port lol! Mine displays with big borders to the left and right of the main picture, nothing on the top or bottom I don't think.

Camera feels weird and a bit cumbersome at times, you have to keep manually adjusting it, it doesn't always find the best angle not does it follow Mario around in the most intelligent manner, but I guess that was what we had to put up with back in the day :)

Been slacking...

March 26th

Wii U eShop

Trine Enchanted Edition £10.99 - or £8.79 if you own Trine 2
Suspension Road Simulator £5.99

MegaMan Zero 3 (GBA VC, £6.29)

3DS eShop

Inazuma Eleven GO: Wildfire £34.99
LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin £29.99
Best Friends - My Horse 3D £24.99
Spongebob Heropants £19.99
Adventure Bar Story £3.99
Excave £4.49
Jet Dog £7.19

Shin Megami Tensei 4 is still on offer till the 9th - an absolute bargain at £8.99. Excave and Adventure Bar Story are also worth a look for RPG fans.

Excave Trailer:

Adventure Bar Story Trailer:

April 2nd

Wii U eShop

Donkey Kong 64 (N64, £8.99)
Mario 64 (N64, £8.99 or £1.79 to upgrade from Wii VC)
WarioWare Touched (DS, £8.99)
Mario Kart DS (DS, £8.99)

Buy any three of the above and get the other free

Special Offers
Citizens of Earth £6.69

3DS eShop

Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS £39.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt £12.99
Mighty Gunvolt Free (only available if you buy Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Box Boy £4.99
KAMI £2.39)
Pokemon Rumble World Free (in-game purchases)

Special Offers
Citizens of Earth £6.69

One of the best weeks for a long time on the eShop. Aside from the big release of Xenoblade Chronicles Nintendo finally fullfilled their promise of N64 and DS games on Wii U. The 3DS also got Nintendo's next great puzzler, Box Boy, and shooter Azure Striker Gunvolt from Keiji Inafune.

Box Boy:

Azure Striker Gunvolt Interview:

April 9th

Wii U eShop

Affordable Space Adventures £16.99
Guac' a mole £3.19

3DS eShop

Pokemon Rumble World - Free (in-game purchases)
My Pet School 3D £24.99
Quell Memento £3.19

Special Offers
WRC FIA World Rally Championship £16.99
Quell Reflect £3.19

Back to reality after last week's bonanza. Affordable Space Adventures looks great though, and actually shows off what the GamePad can do.

April 16th

Wii U eShop
Elliot Quest £9.49
Word Search £5.99
Tabletop Gallery £4.09

Virtual Console:
Pandora's Tower (Wii, £13.49 for the first week, then £17.99)

3DS eShop
A-Train Simulator £19.99
3D Fantasy Zone 2 £4.49
Iron Combat £6.29
Heart Beaten £2.99
WordSearch £5.99

Streetpass Fishing £4.49
Streetpass Zombies £4.49 (buy both for £7.19)
Streetpass Mii Plaza Premium £4.49

Demo:
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Edition

Streetpass games:

Tabletop Gallery:

Elliot Quest:

Pandora's Tower:

Those screen shots look awesome, and they say the WiiU is underpowered. :confused:

April 23rd

Wii U eShop

DLC
Mariokart 8 DLC pack 2 £7.00

Virtual Console
Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA, £6.29)
Street Gangs (NES, £3.49)

Offers
Kirby Week Pt.1 (Buy any of the offers below and get 10% off the price of the digital version of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush)

Wii U
Kirby's Adventure (Wii VC) £13.49
Kirby's Dreamland 3 (SNES VC) £2.74
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA VC) £3.14

3DS
Kirby Fighter Deluxe £4.39
Kirby's Dreamland £1.79
Kirby's Dreamland 2 £1.79

DK64?! Really?!? I love that game. I still haven't bought a Wii U but with this and the colossal MK8 I can't really resist.

May 7th

Wii U eShop
Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush £34.99

DLC
Zen Pinball 2
- Iron & Steel Pack £4.49
- Avengers Age of Ultron £2.49

Offers
Puddle £1.79
TNT Racers £4.49
Suspension railroad Simulator £5.99
SteamWorld Dig £3.99
Trine Enchanted Edition £7.99
Trine 2 Directors Cut £7.99

Demo
Trine Enchanted Edition

3DS eShop

Puzzle & Dragons + Super Mario Edition £24.99

Offers
Kirby Triple Deluxe £24.99
AeternoBlade £6.99
SteamWorld Dig £3.99

May 14th

Wii U eShop:
Ultratron (Curve Digital, £6.49) Retroinspired twin-stick shooter.
Nihilumbra (BeautiFun Games, £5.49) Puzzle-platformer makes the jump from iOS to Wii U.
Mega Man Zero 4 (GBA VC, £6.29)
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (GBA VC, £6.29)

3DS eShop:
CodeName STEAM (Nintendo, £34.99) New steampunk strategy game from Intelligent Systems, creators of Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. Pitches Abraham Lincoln and a host of characters from classic novels in a battle against alien invaders.
3D Thunder Blade (Sega, £4.49) 3D revamp of the classic shooter.

Offers
BIT TRIP Saga (3DS £4.49)
Giana Sisters (Wii U £5.99)
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS £11.99)
Harvest Moon Tale of Two Cities (3DS £8.99)
Hometown Story (3DS £14.99)
Duck Tales Remastered (Wii U £5.39)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystaria (Wii U £4.79)
Resident Evil Mercenaries (3DS £3.59)
Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U £11.99)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS £8.24)
Super Street Fighter 4 (3DS £7.19)
Wooden Sen'sey (Wii U £2.39)
Virtue's Last Reward (3DS £7.99)

May 21st

Wii U eShop
Swords & Soldiers 2 (Ronimo Games, £16.99) Sequel to the fantastic 2D strategy game. The HD version of the original is fairly cheap on Wii U so you can give that a go and see if you like it.
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii VC, £13.49)
Paper Mario (N64 VC, £8.99)

3DS eShop
Adventure Bar Story Demo (Circle, Free)

Offers
Conception II (3DS, £13.49)
Lone Survivor (Wii U, £4.99)
Master Reboot (Wii U, £4.99)
OlliOlli (Wii U, £3.99)
Stealth Inc 2 (Wii U, £6.49)
The Swapper (Wii U, £5.99)
Thomas Was Alone (Wii U, £3.99)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland (3DS, £4.49)

Quality over quantity this week on the eShop. Kirby's Epic Yarn and Paper Mario are fantastic, Swords & Soldiers 2 is looking good, and there are some great deals for Curve Digital's titles.

Never played Paper Mario but the Gamecube version is one of my favourite games so looking forward to finally playing that. Not played Epic Yarn either so a great week for me! The Wii U is starting to take over my PS4 as my go to console now (and i've still yet to buy Mario Kart o_O)

Never played Paper Mario but the Gamecube version is one of my favourite games so looking forward to finally playing that. Not played Epic Yarn either so a great week for me! The Wii U is starting to take over my PS4 as my go to console now (and i've still yet to buy Mario Kart o_O)

I preferred the N64 one over Thousand Year Door, you're in for a real treat there!

June 25th

Wii U eShop

Yoshi's Wooly World (Nintendo, £34.99)
Art Academy Atelier (Nintendo, £24.99)
Cube Life £5.39
Shiftlings £13.99
Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS VC, £6.29)
Kirby's Mouse Attack (DS VC, £8.99)
Kirby 64 (N64 VC, £8.99)

3DS eShop
Samurai Warriors 3 £29.99
Garfield Kart £24.99
Tappingo 2 £2.39

Offers
Paper Monster Recut (Wii U, £2.79)
Knytt Underground (Wii U, £3.99)
Pure Chess (Wii U, £2.49)
Stick it to the Man (Wii U, £3.49)
SMT IV (3ds, £8.99)
Pure Chess (3ds, £2.49)
Van Helsing Sniper (3ds, £3.49)
Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3ds, £3.39)

The hotly anticipated Garfield Kart hits this week, along with some game about a green dinosaur made of wool or something. Pure Chess and Stick it to the Man are a steal at those prices by the way.

July 2nd

Wii U eShop
LEGO Jurassic World £34.99
Roving Rogue £7.99
Zelda: OoT (N64 VC, £8.99 or £1.49 upgrade fee if you own the Wii VC game)
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (DS VC, £8.99)
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA VC £6,29)

3DS eShop
Shingeki no Kyujin: Humanity in Chains £34.99
Mighty Gunvolt £3.19
The Smurfs £17.99
Paddington: Adventures in London £24.99
Yakari: Mystery of the four seasons £24.99
Mahjong 3D £17.99
Fantasy Pirates £1.79
Karous: The Beast of ReEden £4.79

Offers
SDK Paint Studio (Wii U) £2.99
Ittle Dew (Wii U) £4.49
Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies £11.19
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy £18.74
Tappingo £1.79

Releases from the last couple of weeks:

Wii U eShop
Never Alone £12.99
Puzzle Platformer featuring an Inuit boy and his faithful Arctic Fox. Looks like a combination of Journey and Lost Winds.

Canvaleon £10.99
Blocky Bot £1.89
Funk of Titans £8.09

Final Fight One (GBA VC) £6.29
Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun & Blue Moon (GBA VC) £6.29
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival (GBA VC) £6.29
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time (DS VC) £8.99
Yoshi's Touch & Go (DS VC) £6.29 (free if you bought a digital copy of Yoshi's Wooly World)
PokePark Pikachu's Adventure (Wii VC) £17.99

3DS eShop

3D Streets of Rage 2 £4.49
Bike Rider DX2 £2.69

Offers
3DS - Fairune £1.59
3DS - Monster Hunter 4 £24.99
3DS - Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX £4.49
Wii U - Squids Odyssey £4.99

Here's hoping Binding of Isaac arrives in UK, it's out in the US today for New 3DS only (&X1 incidentally). It's on sale on PS4 for next to nothing but it's the kind of game I'd rather play on a portable I think.

August 27th

Wii U eShop
Devil's Third
(Nintendo, £49.99)
Ninja Gaiden creator Itagaki's new take on the action genre, featuring gunplay and sword-fighting. From the Japanese reviews it sounds like a mixed bag - lacklustre single player campaign and a fun, engaging multiplayer component.

QUBE Director's Cut (Grip Digital, £8.99 - £7.19 until Sep 14th)
First-person puzzler. Manipulate the environment around you with a pair of handy gravity gloves. Looks a bit like Portal.

Disney Infinity 3.0 (Disney Interactive, £24.99 - £16.49 until Sep 5th)
Third installment of Disney's toys-to-life juggernaut adds Star Wars characters into the mix.

Life of Pixel (Super Icon, £8.99)
2D platformer that faithfully recreates the pixel graphics and chip-tune sounds of retro consoles across the 8-bit and 16-bit eras.

3DS eShop
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
(Marvelous, £24.99)
Beat-em-up featuring barely-clothed buxom beauties.

Offers
Wii U - Scram kitty and his buddy on rails £4.49
Wii U - Turtle Tale £1.65

Star fox 64 is up today on wiiu, half price £4.49 till zero launches april 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom