Virtual Console and eShop Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I'd just want a tenner mate. It isn't listed and wasn't going to sell but in reality I'm not going to play it anytime soon so I'd rather someone else have it. I can always buy again in the future :)
I'll take it and when I'm finished with it I'll flog I for the same price on here

February 5th

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wayforward, £15.99)
Third outing for the belly-dancing, hair-whipping Genie. Great platforming action, with brand new online and local co-op modes.

Alphadia Genesis (Natsume, £11.99)
Sprawling 2D RPG with 3D battles from the creators of Harvest Moon.

Frenchy Bird
Flappy Bird clone...

Virtual Console
Mega Man Zero 2 (GBA, £6.29)

Sales
Darts Up £1.34
Lone Survivor £7.49 (£6.49 if you own another Curve Digital game)
Stealth Inc. 2 £9.49 (£7.99 if you own another Curve Digital game)
The Swapper £8.99 (£7.49 if you own another Curve Digital game)
Thomas Was Alone £4.99 (£4.49 if you own another Curve Digital game)

I bought the Metroid Prime trilogy for Wii U on sale for $9.99 in the US a couple days ago. Never played any of the FPS Metroid games so looking forward to them.

Been out of the Nintendo seen for a while and dug my wii out of storage and fired the bad boy up, forgot how much i enjoyed it. Which then brought me to this thread. I had no idea about this nintendo eshop, stupid questions coming (so be nice) where do you purchase the games from? is through a channel on the wii? I am aware of the virtual console and have got a couple of games form that but how does one connect to the eshop or is it only for the wii u. thanks in advance guys.

Been out of the Nintendo seen for a while and dug my wii out of storage and fired the bad boy up, forgot how much i enjoyed it. Which then brought me to this thread. I had no idea about this nintendo eshop, stupid questions coming (so be nice) where do you purchase the games from? is through a channel on the wii? I am aware of the virtual console and have got a couple of games form that but how does one connect to the eshop or is it only for the wii u. thanks in advance guys.
WiiU only I'm afraid.

never mind. thanks for confirming. maybe a good excuse to get myself a wii u!

February 19th

Demos
Citizens of Earth

Virtual Console
Kirby's Adventure (Wii, £17.99)
Castlevanis Harmony of Dissonance (GBA, £6.29)
Super Ghouls and Ghosts (GBA, £6.29)

Special Offers
Angry Birds Star Wars £24.99
Angry Birds Trilogy £14.99
Batman Arkham City £15.99
Batman Arkham City Origins £15.99
Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate £10.99
Game Party Champions £15.99
LEGO Marvel Heroes £19.99
LEGO Batman 3 £34.99
LEGO The Hobbit £19.99
LEGO Movie £19.99
Spngebob Squarepants Planktons Revenge £24.99

Another wii game enters the fray, we also get the best GBA Castlevania game (and one of the best in the series imo).

Will Kirby be £8.99 for the week? Also is it actually any good?

@addyb

Also, can you ask the powers that be if we can have a 3DS games sub-forum alongside the Wii U one?

Yes please. What's happened with the forum structure? It feels like everything has been lumped together, it's now more difficult to find things imo. If it ain't broke etc etc :nono:.

I'll try and sort it later when I dive on my laptop. As for the forum structure it's a revamp from Stuart. That's all there is to it really :)

I don't think its been mentioned, but Mutant Mudds is half price atm, now only £4. I've been playing this tonight and it's a great little platformer, and since each stage has numerous parallax levels which you can jump between the 3D is awesome in this game :smashin:.

So N64 games are finally on the wii u virtual console. Best bit though is Super Mario 64 is £1.74!

So N64 games are finally on the wii u virtual console. Best bit though is Super Mario 64 is £1.74!
Only if you already own for Wii VC.
I'm eager to play DK64, but it seems we get lumbered with the 50hz version which makes no sense considering 50hz only TVs must be rarer than amiibo's these days.
Also I wouldn't of thought there would be many if any actually using WiiU on a 50hz only tv.

Last edited:
I'm eager to play DK64, but it seems we get lumbered with the 50hz version which makes no sense considering 50hz only TVs must be rarer than amiibo's these days.
Also I wouldn't of thought there would be many if any actually using WiiU on a 50hz only tv.
Ah right that explains that. Can't believe we still get fobbed off with 50hz.

I think I missed an update a few weeks ago - this smart little puzzler, Blek got overlooked. Downloaded it over the weekend and me and the missus had a good hour or so on it. Nice concept:

blek is a fun game and a good concept, but for me, it's an iPad mini game all day long!

It's the US version of Super Mario 64.

Oh sod it, why not.
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01993.jpg

I loved everything Rare put out on the SNES and N64 but DK64 just didn't have that touch of quality IMO.

I've still got mine boxed on the N64 but never finished it. Too many collectables for my liking.

Weren't Rare's PAL N64 games all optimised anyway? So it should at least play the same/similar to the 60hz version.

Yeah saw that on the eshop Software Description.
Why oh why DK64 isn't also is a crime.

It seems quite random, but I think games that have a lot of Euro language options, we get the EU version. I can't remember DK64 having that much text though.

Weren't Rare's PAL N64 games all optimised anyway? So it should at least play the same/similar to the 60hz version.

I read on a website yesterday that only the movement of the kongs is the same speed and enemies are slower. Don't know if that's correct - I also thought that all Rare's games were PAL optimised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom